What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bad Update

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here, so please go easy on me.

I have an iPad 2 (ios 5.1.1), and I purchased a free app: Cosmopolitan Magazine, last September 2012. This was version 1.0.0.1. I am really happy about the app, until they released an update, version 2.2.2. Now I can't download any of the magazines. I really want the older version back, but I don't backup my iPad to my iTunes so I don't have any file of the older version. Is there any other way to get the older version back? Does anyone have the older version? Can you send a link where I can download it? Thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elisexp said:
Hi. I'm new here, so please go easy on me.

I have an iPad 2 (ios 5.1.1), and I purchased a free app: Cosmopolitan Magazine, last September 2012. This was version 1.0.0.1. I am really happy about the app, until they released an update, version 2.2.2. Now I can't download any of the magazines. I really want the older version back, but I don't backup my iPad to my iTunes so I don't have any file of the older version. Is there any other way to get the older version back? Does anyone have the older version? Can you send a link where I can download it? Thanks!

If you have previously purchased the older versions then they should be available to you under the "purchased" tab in the App Store however, it could be that they have been updated for iOS 6 in which case you are probably going to be out of luck.

The Archangel

OP
E

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new version (2.2.2) is compatible with iOS 5.0 or later. I don't understand why it won't work. Even if I checked the "Purchased" tab in app store, there is no way to download the older version.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elisexp said:
The new version (2.2.2) is compatible with iOS 5.0 or later. I don't understand why it won't work. Even if I checked the "Purchased" tab in app store, there is no way to download the older version.

Ah, I was misunderstanding, sorry, have you tried to contact the Dev team through the links in the App Store?

The Archangel

OP
E

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already did that. But they have not replied yet. Thanks for the advice though. But do they send older versions of apps? I wish they do.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elisexp said:
I already did that. But they have not replied yet. Thanks for the advice though. But do they send older versions of apps? I wish they do.

You won't get an older version of the App but you might get a fix from them.

The Archangel

OP
E

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My older version was 2.2.1. Not 1.0.0.1. Sorry.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked out the reviews on the App Store, it's not just you, it looks like it's everyone......

image-3095436397.jpg

Looks like you will need to wait for them to fix this problem.

The Archangel

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just wait for it mine also just got updated and waiting for the restore purchases :ipad-front:

OP
E

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated it yesterday and tried downloading the latest issue. But until now, it's still "Pending" like this:
IMG_0273.PNG.jpeg

OP
E

elisexp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a way to fix it. I just tweeked some things. Thanks for the help guys. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts