What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.0.1 and battery life

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference in mine. It was fine with OS 4.3.5 so perhaps this only affected certain users?

This issue seems to be all over the place. Some are better off, some seem to be worse off, some don't care, etc, etc. Crazy. :D

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yay! The time flew by didn't it?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Surprisingly, yes, despite sitting in my apartment every day hoping I get a placement. Now the question is.. Will I get my phone before my damn teaching placement ... As excited as I am to get the iPhone I REALLY want to get my student teaching assignment this week. It's beyond ridiculous it has taken THIS long, and the five of us are screwed in terms of getting all of our requirements done in such a short time.

Back to the topic.. Yes.. I do think the battery is better. I didn't think it was bad before, but now it's superb.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gosh I'm so sorry to hear that... I think most people had positive results from iOS 5. I feel bad that you didn't.

Hi from Wisconsin, though. I'm in Wauwatosa.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have to agree with the negative .ios5.1
Ran my battery down to 2 the re charged to full.closed all apps.
Turned on this morning and have spent 20 mins on a few email and iPad forum and my battery is on 81%
Seems excessive don't you think?
Interested in other thoughts and suggestions

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That could definitely be an app that is draining it. Have you downloaded anything new lately? I spend 30-40 minutes each morning on my iPad and it goes down maybe a few percents. Is your brightness up super high? Are your location services on with an app that is constantly checking a GPS signal? Just some suggestions.. because draining 19% in 20 minutes seems very excessive. :(

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found that location services still impacts my battery life a little bit. But I love being on 5.01. I use folders (from the 4 + updates) for so much and the multi gestures on my iPad 1 are great. I don't really know how long my battery lasts since I put my iPad to sleep when not using it.
Other tips include setting the mail app to fetch mail less often and turning brightness down. If you haven't done it, you should reboot the iPad too.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks all,have switched off location service to those I don't need at present and turned down the brightness to about 30%
Will keep an eye on it today and report back
Thanks again

jiveroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI shutting off location services didn't work for me. But what finally did work was being in airplane mode. Finally!

Most reactions

Latest posts