What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.0.1 and battery life

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The location services bug is what was supposed to be fixed, but I still run down faster if I have locations on.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, no problems here on iOS 5.0.1 but just remember that you should run your battery fully down and recharge once in a while to allow it to re-calibrate itself. If you haven't done this then it may be worth doing it now just to check that there is a problem with battery usage and it's not just the battery being out of calibration.

The Archangel

jiveroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
How many apps are there running in the background? It is always a good idea to close all apps and did you reset your device after the upgrade? I always keep my brightness to about 25percent.

How do I know how many apps are running are the background? I'm resetting now to see if that helps.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double click of home button or four finger pinch on main screen
Then hold an app until jiggling. Delete sign appears, press all of the apps delete sign, the apps will turn off in the background. Do this every so often. It helps battery life
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I definitely think my battery is better. Though I still lose 8% every hour when I read in iBooks, which probably isn't much, but it bugs me, lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't really check battery unless it's really quick so it must be fine for me!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watch my battery meter like a hawk, but that's probably out of habit because my (POS Android) phone drains battery incredibly fast and I constantly have to watch it. :D

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad battery seems to last slightly longer on my wifi pad with the upgrade to 5.0.1, although was not having any real problems before. Watched a movie last night and it dropped about 7%. I'm happy!

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let the battery run down over night.will give it a re charge and test the use time.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I definitely think my battery is better. Though I still lose 8% every hour when I read in iBooks, which probably isn't much, but it bugs me, lol

Same here. I swear, my aria battery drains if I even look at the damn thing:D. I'm constantly checking the battery on my iPad because of it. My brother gave me his old iPhone 3G! I just need to replace the screen then bye bye Android:p

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HappyPelican said:
Same here. I swear, my aria battery drains if I even look at the damn thing:D. I'm constantly checking the battery on my iPad because of it. My brother gave me his old iPhone 3G! I just need to replace the screen then bye bye Android:p

I'm getting a 4S on the 20th. My parents refuse to let me buy it anywhere but Verizon and I fear they won't have it in stock because they're dumb. At least I get to ORDER it on the 20th, if nothing else..

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts