What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well for one you can choose what the side switch does....which should calm the masses of people that were ready to riot over the useless orientation lock.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That probably was the most important feature of the entire device...I was seriously ready to smash the thing into little bits because the switch I barely remember was there got changed to another useless feature!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple has added some additional gestures for the iPad. For example, you can now bring up the multitasking bar by simply swiping the screen upward, or swipe left and right to jump from app to app. Here it is as detailed by Apple:

Test Multi-Touch Gestures for iPad
This beta release contains a preview of new Multi-Touch gestures for iPad. You can use four or five fingers to pinch to the Home Screen; swipe up to reveal the multitasking bar; and swipe left or right between apps. We are providing this preview before releasing them to the public to understand how these gestures work with your apps. Test them and give us your feedback on the Apple Developer Forums

These are really interesting, as they would allow Apple to get rid of the home button in the next iPad. Unfortunately, for some reason, I haven’t been able to figure out how to activate these. We’ll be investigating.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like the Blackberry Playbook. If it is, that is awesome.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are all features I was hoping for! Hope they test well! Can't wait!

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That the switch isnt the orientation lock was not a problem for me.
Never used that switch, not even for mute.

You can mute if you push quick the low button.
And the orientation is just fine for me, never switched into horizontal/vertical if it wasnt needed.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope the wifi drop issue is fixed. I for one am tired of having to reconnect to my network.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts