What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g Verizon plan question

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I've found my iPad :) on eBay. It's an unopened iPad 2, and almost exactly what I wanted...it's white, I wanted black, but I can live with that. If I get it for what I'm bidding, it'll end up being like $15 more than if I went to the store (by the time you add taxes). And it's local so I can pick it up at some safe place.

Anywho...when you sign up for a plan, it's for a month. Does the month start from the time you start up, or do you need to do it on the first. I wish they'd let you buy the how much you want, and let you take as much time as you need to use it.

After the Best Buy fiasco, I'm a bit leary about this, but they have been a member almost as long as I have, and they have a 100% rating.

If I get it, anything special I should look for?

Wish me luck!!!!!:D

sillyrabbitt123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a pay as you go plan. Reoccurring on you credit card you sign up and active right from the ipad and they charge your credit card. from what i understand it starts the day you sign up (that would be you billing start date).

hope this helps.

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it starts from the day you sign up, and if you add to it, the new "bucket" will start from the day you sign up for the new allocation. In other words, you can stack the plans, and it will use them in order. For instance, if you buy 1GB, and then realize you're going to run out 3 weeks later, you can buy another allotment of GBs. The new plan will start from the time you buy it, but won't actually get used until you run out of the allotment from the first one. This was explained by the manager of the Verizon store where I purchased mine.

OP
T

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, that's kinda what I figured. I think I'm trying to micro-manage this, and I need to quit that, LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts