What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebay!!

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two days ago I cancled my 16gb black wi-fi iPad2 order from Apple (Scheduled to arrive the 26th of this month...waaaay too long) and (after help from you guys in my last thread, decided to get a 32gb) black from an ebay auction. I paid $680 with free shipping, and that was after a bidding war. 32gb models are already almost that price once you include tax--so it was a no-brainer.

It will be at my house by tomorrow. The seller stated she had bought the wrong model accidentaly, (she was shopping for her bf). It's NIB, as if it came straight from the Apple Store.

I guess my point is--CHECK OUT EBAY if you still have a long wait and don't feel like waiting for your iPad. I went to just browse and I ended up buying. The prices aren't as bad as you'd think. There are many good deals out there, and even if you buy used, it'll still be only a month old. Most are pristine. This isn't a holiday season, so you can get an iPad2 without paying a huge premium.

Cheers :)

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're shipping it with a reciept. Apple will be none the wiser. I could have been in Atlanta and decided to pick on up :p

If that fails I could just exchange at walmart. They couldn't care less.

scottcocoabeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy and the Apple stores are getting new stock in all the time. I just kept and eye out on Best Buy using Milo.com and had no problem getting them for my wife and I. Exact colors and models I wanted. Apple stores get stock daily I believe. No way I would go to eBay and get ripped off for no reason. It only took me a few days once I started checking around.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you open that package from E-bay and it's not an Ipad, or they lied about it's condition, or the model.;)

Using the locate at Target web site I found one the first time I looked. Then I found another one for a co-worker.

They are out there you just have to look.

I hope everyone trying to sale them on e-bay gets screwed.

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Locators are a good thing, unfortunately i'm stranded on campus without a car, so even if an ipad is available in my area, there's no way i can run out and get it. For anyone else though i think they're a great tool.

Ebay is good about buyer protection--my brother purchased a complete set of "House" seasons on DVD, they took his money and never delivered. Ebay had his money back to him in a couple weeks.

burntice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got a great deal. I just sold a 16 gb 3g for 845 For those who hate those that sale on ebay. I ended up with 2 when I found mine in a Walmart and then got home to realize mine from Apple had just shipped weeks early.

Apple is responsible for this black market and it isn't anything wrong with making a quick buck anyhow. I feel like I got a good discount....;)

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got a great deal. I just sold a 16 gb 3g for 845 For those who hate those that sale on ebay. I ended up with 2 when I found mine in a Walmart and then got home to realize mine from Apple had just shipped weeks early.

Apple is responsible for this black market and it isn't anything wrong with making a quick buck anyhow. I feel like I got a good discount....;)

I beg to differ. Scalpers are responsible for the black market - not Apple. If you want to sell something at a higher price and have a willing buyer, that's fine and dandy - but don't claim that any corporation "made" you do it. We all have free choice.

OP
B

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will always be scalpers.

It's basic economics. There is great demand for iPads right now and a very limited supply. Blaming scalpers for the black market is like blaming sharks for eating fish--it's going to happen no matter what. Apple is far more responsible for the black market than scalpers are because there would be no scalpers if there were a larger supply if iPads.

No one is forcing you to buy an iPad--and you certainly don't NEED one to survive. Scalping is capitalism in motion. The buyer pays a price that they believe to be worth the product's utility. It's neither wrong or right.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on apple.com on launch day. I received my iPad within 10 Days after I ordered it online March 11. Got it march 21 I just could
Not justify taking off work standing in line several hours taking a chance I'd get the one I wanted.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you open that package from E-bay and it's not an Ipad, or they lied about it's condition, or the model.

Chances are they used PayPal. PayPal usually offers reasonable recourse for these sorts of things.

Me, I use a credit card through PayPal. If PayPal doesn't make it right, I can always do the charge back.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you open that package from E-bay and it's not an Ipad, or they lied about it's condition, or the model.

Chances are they used PayPal. PayPal usually offers reasonable recourse for these sorts of things.

Me, I use a credit card through PayPal. If PayPal doesn't make it right, I can always do the charge back.

True. There is no risk buying on eBay through paypal, and why people continue to act as if there is I don't understand. If anything, eBay is overprotective of it's buyers. As a seller, I know from the beginning that if anything I sell doesn't satisfy the customer he or she will get his money back.

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I paid $690 for my 32g wifi off ebay. I won the bid and it was at my door in 2 days. I was just about to put an order on the Apple page but the guy told me 3-4 weeks before it would even get shipped then another week to get to my house. WTF. I would have ended up paying like $640 and would not have it till some time in May. That extra $50 was well worth it. BTW if you have a problem with your iPad Apple could care less about the receipt. They want serial numbers. So it is still covered under Apple warranty.

BTW if anything every happens online, make sure you have your debit card with a visa or master card logo or a credit card for your funds. That way no matter where you are on the net if something goes down you have nothing to worry about ebay or any other site. People that still claim ebay is for scammers shouldn't even be online if you dont know how to protect yourself.

Last edited:

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I paid $690 for my 32g wifi off ebay. I won the bid and it was at my door in 2 days. I was just about to put an order on the Apple page but the guy told me 3-4 weeks before it would even get shipped then another week to get to my house. WTF. I would have ended up paying like $640 and would not have it till some time in May. That extra $50 was well worth it. BTW if you have a problem with your iPad Apple could care less about the receipt. They want serial numbers. So it is still covered under Apple warranty.

BTW if anything every happens online, make sure you have your debit card with a visa or master card logo or a credit card for your funds. That way no matter where you are on the net if something goes down you have nothing to worry about ebay or any other site. People that still claim ebay is for scammers shouldn't even be online if you dont know how to protect yourself.
+1 I have purchased items to the value of over $2000 from EBay. I am very pleased to say it's one of my favorite sites on the net to do my shopping.

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score

+1 I have purchased items to the value of over $2000 from EBay. I am very pleased to say it's one of my favorite sites on the net to do my shopping.

Hell yeah.. Heck I have purchased and sold cars on ebay. I swear by it.

Most reactions

Latest posts