What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g sharing

scubalol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I have read that with the update of 4.3.3 that an iPad running wifi can share my iphone4 3G network.

My iPad and iPhone are both JB, don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Is this the case that I can share the 3G of my iPhone with my iPad and if so how can I do it!

Thank you

OP
S

scubalol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's not a problem - in Settings set up a WiFi hotspot and then tether your iPad

Tim

Hi Time thanks for the info, I have to get Orange to set it up and as it's Orange it's going to cost me,

£10 for 1.5 gig

£15 for 3.0 gig

£25 for 10 gig

I will try the £10 one and see what happens

Laurence

demonknight9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try and use mywi if you are jailbroken. Just buy it from cydia, it is worth every penny and it will payoff in the long run.

OP
S

scubalol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, must say it looks very good. Do I need to install that app on iPhone and iPad or just one, as you can tell I'm beyond a noob with I stuff

Laurence

demonknight9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, must say it looks very good. Do I need to install that app on iPhone and iPad or just one, as you can tell I'm beyond a noob with I stuff

Laurence
No, all you need to do is install it on the iPhone. Then launch it, and setup an encryption password in the app itself. WPA2 is the best. Then on the iPad just look for available wireless networks as you would normally do at home and it will show up. Insert the password you created and that's it.

Most reactions

Latest posts