What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to 3G in Dubai

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be in Dubai for a week and want to connect my iPad to Internet with a 3G micro sim.

Does anyone know if Du or Etisalat sell a prepaid DATA sim or micro sim for this?

If so how much will it cost for say a 1gb data sim?
Note, I do not want a mobile phone connection - just an iPad Internet connection.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Norriemca said:
I will be in Dubai for a week and want to connect my iPad to Internet with a 3G micro sim.

Does anyone know if Du or Etisalat sell a prepaid DATA sim or micro sim for this?

If so how much will it cost for say a 1gb data sim?
Note, I do not want a mobile phone connection - just an iPad Internet connection.

Have you tried contacting the cellular carriers in Dubai directly to ask? They would have all the info you need.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You do have a 3G iPad2, right? Usually you need to buy a micro-sim card from the local cellular data service provider in Dubai and buy enough data to last a week? As scifan suggested, check in with the local provider and they will give you their data plans. I did a search and found this information.

Attachments

• image-1135567031.jpg
    image-1135567031.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 886
OP
Norriemca

Norriemca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you gents. My iPad has wifi and 3G.

I'll contact Du and/or Etisalat when I arrive in Dubai.

Their prices are high in comparison to many places though.

Regards

Norriemca

Most reactions

Latest posts