What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ipad 2 imessage

iceman1211

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My ipad will not accept messages iv looked in the message settings and turned on Imessage but I still cant get any messgages through im running ios 7.

Can anyone help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, iceman1211! Welcome to iPF!

To be able to use iMessage, an email address has to be check marked in Settings - Messages - Send & Receive. Afaik you also need to sign in with your Apple ID in Settings - Messages.

It's important to know that sending and receiving messages through the app will only be possible between Apple devices.

OP
I

iceman1211

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to get a text from my network supplier to set up the app to monitor data usage. In my imessgae once clciked it says read recept on or off
Subject on or off or a box says 2 lines under subject. No send receive or anything like that

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what it should look like:
image-54574547.jpg

As said before: if texts/messages are not sent from an Apple device, you can't receive them in the Message app.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts