What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage not registered Issue

RollTide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I have encountered an issue with my IPad2 that is frustrating. When I attempt to IMessage my daughter on her Iphone4 I get a red exclamation with the message she is not registered with IMessage. I can IMessage both of my sons and my wife with no problem. All 3 of them can IMessage my daughter with no issue what so ever. I have had this IPad2 for a year and had no trouble until a couple weeks back. I am not sure what to do to fix this problem and any help would be appreciated. Tony

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you trying to iMessage using her phone number or email address, and if it is an email address is it the same email address that your wife and son's are using (if they are using an email address).

Because the iPhone is capable of both SMS and iMessages, it is possible for an iPhone to receive iMessages even if it is not turned on for that phone, especially if it comes from an other phone. So make sure she goes into Settings > Messages, and signs in with her Apple ID.

Or if that's not the issue, I have no idea what's going on. All I can suggest is breaking down each device and the address they are using to send messages, then seeing if there is anything in common.

HowardBrazee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to text my grandson with my iPad and the exact same e-mail address as I use with my iPhone - and I get this message with my iPad, but not with my iPhone. He's using an iPod.

Most reactions

Latest posts