What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ipads and registration?

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have a ipad2, which you have helped me with before, I am going to get an ipad mini also.
Do I need to use a new email and password or can you have 2 devices with the same?
Also I am not at home and will not get to my computer for a while so how can I sync the 2 devices. I would be able to use my daughters computer.
She is very up on most devices but does not have iPads.
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a ipad2, which you have helped me with before, I am going to get an ipad mini also. Do I need to use a new email and password or can you have 2 devices with the same? Also I am not at home and will not get to my computer for a while so how can I sync the 2 devices. I would be able to use my daughters computer. She is very up on most devices but does not have iPads. Thanks
You can have the same Apple ID and password for all your devices. You don't need to sync your two iPads, nor do you have to connect to your daughter's computer. You can set up your new iPad mini OTA with your existing Apple ID and password. By using the same Apple ID and password for all your iOS devices, you can share iTunes and App Store purchases between all those devices.

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can have the same Apple ID and password for all your devices. You don't need to sync your two iPads, nor do you have to connect to your daughter's computer. You can set up your new iPad mini OTA with your existing Apple ID and password. By using the same Apple ID and password for all your iOS devices, you can share iTunes and App Store purchases between all those devices.
Once again thank you and so quick ;-)

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I have bought it ;-)
Everything seems fine just backed them both up on icloud expected all apps to arrive onto mini, was I wrong to expect that, if not wrong what have I missed out?
Some apps I have downloaded as I just went into app store. How do I get my " own" music onto the mini?

Most reactions

Latest posts