What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Game Centre accounts and 1 Apple ID - IS THIS POSSIBLE?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Is it possible to make 2 Game Centre accounts linked with the same Apple ID. I have tried searching the web, but that has only made me more confused. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I guess so :) Because there's a lot of gamers who sell the game center IDs then make another one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only have one GameCenter ID on the iPad at a time. You could log out of your current one and log into another, but this will probably cause havoc with any games that were depending on the previous ID to track progress or whatever.

Some games might switch back and forth nicely, and some games probably won't.

So, what I'm saying is that you can change your GameCenter ID, but you can not use two GameCenter ID's on an iPad at the same time.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only have one GameCenter ID on the iPad at a time. You could log out of your current one and log into another, but this will probably cause havoc with any games that were depending on the previous ID to track progress or whatever. Some games might switch back and forth nicely, and some games probably won't. So, what I'm saying is that you can change your GameCenter ID, but you can not use two GameCenter ID's on an iPad at the same time.

Thank you! I was actually asking if we could use 2 Game Centre accounts under the same APPLE ID, not on the same device. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since GameCenter has it's own login, that should be possible. You might have to set up a second iCloud account and use that (separate from your primary Apple ID). I'm not sure.

It is possible to have a different Apple ID for iTunes and Apple ID for iCloud on the same device. It's even advisable if you want to share your apps and music, but not your iCloud storage space, email, calendars, etc..

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since GameCenter has it's own login, that should be possible. You might have to set up a second iCloud account and use that (separate from your primary Apple ID). I'm not sure. It is possible to have a different Apple ID for iTunes and Apple ID for iCloud on the same device. It's even advisable if you want to share your apps and music, but not your iCloud storage space, email, calendars, etc.. Using your Apple ID for Apple services

Thank you!

Most reactions