What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16GB, 32GB, or 64GB

How many Gigabyte do you plan to buy?

• 16GB

Votes: 32 20.3%
  • 34GB

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • 64GB

Votes: 65 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
252 WTF man I thought I would be safe with 16 gb. Did you just download the top 250 free apps and call it a day lol wow.Do you even use them all. Thats crazy

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a waiting list for a 64 wifi in black. May ask to swap to a white model.

I originally thought 32 would be ok, but considering the Youtube videos I plan on editing I'll need all I can get.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill chose a 64 GB Wifi model.

At first i thought about an 32GB model, i had an IPad1 3G 64GB and had always like 20GB free.

BUT, let me tell u this, by looking at the better games which are out (Infinity Blade, Aralon) mostly the 3D ones got all between 550MB and 700MB of space...

more 3D games will come, now with the Dual Core Graphic Processor the games especially for the stronger tablets will get even bigger in diskspace, and if you plan to pack a few Movies on your pad the 32Gb will fade away like ull never had seen.

Ill take the 64GB Wifi, not 3G, i use the tablet at home 99,98%, and soon the mobile phones become hotspots so theres no really need for 3G imho.

cholifoli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am in this dilemma. I had bought an iPad 2 that was defective, that got returned 6 hours after purchase so I didn't even get a chance to get a feel if 16GB was enough. Now that my local Fry's Electronics is expecting a new shipment today I need to decide quickly which on I want. I would like to have 2-4 high quailty movies on an iPad 2 at any given time, 300-500 pictures, 20-30 ebooks, 3 textbooks, and games. I am thinking 32GB might be the way to go. I never bought a 1st gen iPad, I do have a 16GB iPhone 4 (Verizon) that has 7GB left, but I don't even think about putting movies on it because of the small screen. Any thoughts?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am in this dilemma. I had bought an iPad 2 that was defective, that got returned 6 hours after purchase so I didn't even get a chance to get a feel if 16GB was enough. Now that my local Fry's Electronics is expecting a new shipment today I need to decide quickly which on I want. I would like to have 2-4 high quailty movies on an iPad 2 at any given time, 300-500 pictures, 20-30 ebooks, 3 textbooks, and games. I am thinking 32GB might be the way to go. I never bought a 1st gen iPad, I do have a 16GB iPhone 4 (Verizon) that has 7GB left, but I don't even think about putting movies on it because of the small screen. Any thoughts?

Keep mind the recently discovered trick of putting extra movie content on Flash Drive or SD Card and playing it through Photos interal viewer. This may help you with extra movies. E-books and text books are piffal next to Video.

I have some VGA formatted 30 minute shows that clock in from 200 to 500 MB depending on bit rate. I think that's eating about 14 GB for 24 hours of video content. I have a 64 GB iPod which is half full of Audio Books(mostly) and music. The above mentioned video, and 10 gigs of App Data.

I went with the 64 GB iPad because I want it to last me a while, well into the iPad 5 or 6 if I can. Even with the lousy cameras I expect to get some millage out of iMovie so the extra head room is a must.

Last edited:

Truck Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I bought the 64GB model. Already have 35GB filled and I'm not done yet! :D

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
upgrading from the 16 gig to the 32 gig, I'll use a little more restraint when getting apps for this one.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep mind the recently discovered trick of putting extra movie content on Flash Drive or SD Card and playing it through Photos interal viewer.
Really, you can watch movies with the Photo viewing app? First I've heard of this. Is there a link to more info on this trick?

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep mind the recently discovered trick of putting extra movie content on Flash Drive or SD Card and playing it through Photos interal viewer.
Really, you can watch movies with the Photo viewing app? First I've heard of this. Is there a link to more info on this trick?

I would like this info also. I have a black 64 gig 3G ipad 2 coming at the end of the month (my first apple product other than my 10 year old daughter's touch)

~John

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
terra57 said:
Why do you need more gb if you travel?

Hello terra57, you have managed to find a very old post. You probably will not get a reply. I encourage you to start your own thread if you are seeking answers regarding your own travel plans.

Since you are new, please had on over to our newcomers forum and introduce yourself. Read the stickies on how to use the forum, especially the rules regarding how to use the forum.

I'm closing this thread. I hope you understand. Do post again if you do indeed have a concern about traveling with your iPad.

--thread closed--

Matt
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts