Is 16gb enough?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by southskier, Mar 19, 2010.

1. y2kgtp

y2kgtp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Just curious....what program are you using to convert movies?

2. y2kgtp

y2kgtp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The 3G will prob have a better resale value, but obviously it cost's more as well....

3. blowabs

blowabs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I too ordered a 16gb one b/c i plan on putting it on CL when IPad2 comes out next April. [Now.... the question is, 3G or not to 3G????......so i ordered both from the Apple store- should give me time to make up my mind]

Thank you y2k...that is something to consider as well!

4. fishtaco95

fishtaco95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I thought of getting a 16 GB but realized if you add $100 bucks more you'll have double the space. I bought a 32GB because I want to have room for apps, music, pics, videos, etc... Getting to the point: Its better to be safe then sorry. 16 GB is nice but add more you have a 32. I don't/ didn't want to buy a 64, because if I'm shelling out $700 plus tax for an iPad, I can buy a used macbook, macbook pro off Craigslist/ebay for $650-800. And it has more memory. But in the end, its totally up to you. Just my thoughts.

~Joseph

5. Mike_73

Mike_73
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    After buying a 16GB wifi iPad I wish I had spent 100 more for the 3g/GPS option. I don't need 3g but would have loved the GPS.
    As far as for the memory, 16GB are enough for me. I mainly use my iPad for web browsing and reading mags. No vids and no music so far. Even if I would put music on it, the music I really like doesn't take up more than 2-4 GB.
    But that's just me :)

6. shorty106

shorty106
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ultrimate, how does the bluetooth flash memory adapters work? Can you download from iPad to flashdrive?

7. ultimate_power

ultimate_power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am using 16gb ipad and i am happy with that.

8. Kendo

Kendo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have the 64gig one. Haven't came anywhere near using even half of it's memory and I download movies and books like they are going out of fashion. I'm thinking ahead and hoping that the extra memory comes in handy in the future.

9. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The best answer is: it depends totally on the individual. It more than suits my needs. I don't store videos and movies on it. I do have 142 apps on it and about 25 books. I also have a bunch of PDFs on it. I have 127 photos on it and 108 songs. I have 10.8 GB available at this time. Clearly 16GB is enough for me and is the one I have. On my 16GB iPhone, I have 135 apps, 108 songs, 26 videos (very short clips of things I took), 425 photos and 135 apps. Available: 10.0GB. So even with short video clips and 4 times the amount of photos, hardly any difference, and still plenty of room. Pretty consistent there.

10. Mossi

Mossi
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If you're definitely buying the new model and it comes out really soon......16g may do for now. You won't be able to store many songs or pics and you can't get many apps. I'd go straight for the big boys...64 g. I've had my 64 g for 4 months and it's 3/4 full. As you can see, I like excess better than I like to scrimp.