What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zoom/Reboot problems

lccmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my first apple product...mini-Ipad to read and instantly download magazines, newspaper, books and browse internet. Hopped on board the Apple wagon and am regretting it :(! Not a good experience for my first apple device. Wish I had waited for the retina display or better yet, bought the regular size.

1) I have had to reboot my mini-Ipad a dozen times since I have had it (5d) due to it getting stuck in this super zoom state that I cannot rezoom back to normal size. this just happened when I pressed the home key and now I can't see the icons on my bottom bar ...ugh! My apple savy son also tried to resize and says this is a bug and that they will fix it soon.

2) I find the text on this device very difficult to read (too small or too fuzzy). The first thing I did when setting it up is to change; a) zoom on, b) font text=40 but this only helps for certain tasks. The apple titles are all still very small (folders, bookshelf, newsshelf, time bar at top) so unless the app has an increase font option, I find myself constantly zooming the text by dble tapping the article to enlarge to full screen...very annoying! However, sometimes it seems to zoom so large that I can't get it back to normal unless I reboot (see #1) above.

Can anyone lend me some tips on easier reading experience (avid reader) and verify if #1 is due to inexperience or a bug? Or maybe I just need a new pair of reading glasses, eh!

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Would help to know what app your reading your magazines in. I have used zinio and next issue for several years with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For number one - the super zooming - check to make sure you don't have the Zoom function turned on. To check, go to the General tab in your Settings app. Once there, scroll down the right side until you come to the line titled "Accessibility." Press that line and you'll be taken to another page. There will be a line titled "Zoom." Ensure that Zoom is OFF.

Hopefully, that take care of the zooming issue. And, hopefully, you'll get more comfortable with the smaller screen. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
L

lccmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the mag/news app thru apple store/bookshelf or through the mag website (for ipad). I haven't wanted to purchase an ipad subscription service until I am sure I can read it on this device. Next Issue looks to be the most cost effective with the largest selection...do you agree?

OP
L

lccmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying if I am having a problem with small print I should turn this OFF or saying that I shouldn't use it when I am also tapping to zoom?

Not sure what you are saying here, but clearly you did not understanding my post saying that I did put the zoom on and increased the font and tap to enlarge when reading mag/news. Have you heard of this super zoom as a bug which needs to reboot to clear?

I def made a mistake getting this device...bookshelf/news/time at top of screen and many other 'static' text is just too small font for me (with reading glasses).

MartinH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For number one - the super zooming - check to make sure you don't have the Zoom function turned on. To check, go to the General tab in your Settings app. Once there, scroll down the right side until you come to the line titled "Accessibility." Press that line and you'll be taken to another page. There will be a line titled "Zoom." Ensure that Zoom is OFF.

Hopefully, that take care of the zooming issue. And, hopefully, you'll get more comfortable with the smaller screen. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts