What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have trouble with small text size?

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I love the mini and the size and weight of it, but there's occasionally some websites that are "optimized" for mobile with a site that doesn't allow you to pinch to zoom in at all. I hate this issue. When I had my Nexus 7, the Chrome browser had a "force pinch zoom" setting where you could always pinch to zoom on any page even if it was a mobile version of the site. I've tried increasing the text size in system settings, but it doesn't affect web pages. Is there any browser that lets you pinch to zoom on any page? Or maybe an app that allows this? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Worst case, you can use the Zoom feature in Settings > General > Accessibility. This allows you to zoom in on any app. The gestures to activate and use it are explained on the settings page.

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Atomic browser it allows you to change font size and it remembers the change the next time you go to that website. I had a hard time deciding between a mini and an iPad 4. I decided to get the mini and try it out and if I didn't like it to return it and get a 4. It has been over a month now and there is no way I wouldn't trade the mini for anything else except an upgraded mini. It is so much easier to carry around and I love how light weight it is. Buy a four try it out and if it suits You better sell the mini.

OP
T

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks Atomic broswer is much easier on the eyes exactly what I needed. And Chrome doesn't have any force zoom option on iOS for some reason, that was my favorite option it had.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks Atomic broswer is much easier on the eyes exactly what I needed. And Chrome doesn't have any force zoom option on iOS for some reason, that was my favorite option it had.

With chrome you can request the desktop site also. I use chrome on my iPhone for this reason sometimes when safari does not give me the option.

Most reactions