What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yxplayer - divx/flash/wmv player in the app store!

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stumbled across this in the app store my first thoughts being "apple approved this?!" it let's you copy file types such as divx in iTunes and play back whenever. The playback is far from smooth lol and HD is quite unwatchable but I'm hoping it improves with time. For the time being I'm watching h264 720p files using yxplayer and they play great, I know ur thinking that the iPad supports this anyway but it doesn't support 326kbps aac...

I ramble on, what I mean to say is this is an alternative to converting videos or streaming and in a few updates I'm sure playback of certain file typed will improve!

This does not require a jailbreak btw.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you are recommending an app that barely works? lol

OP
A

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works ok just not as smooth as I'd like it to be but post ur findings by all means, the main thing I wanted to say is it's strange that apple has accepted such a thing.

getmikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using yxplayer lite with IPAD 2with wave movies but it always says sound not available. Any idea why?

Most reactions