What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube App

dora2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might just be me, but I wish the YouTube app had a tab for what you are currently viewing. There have been toomany times where I accidently hit the search button or one of the other tabs and I lost the video string I was on. I know I can just look at my history to see the video I was on, but sometimes I want to go back to where I was before that video. Some of the fun of youtubing is being led on these ever diverging tangents where you wonder how the heck you are watching a video on the invention of lightbulbs when you orginally searched for the how to make an omlet. I guess I would like it to be similar to YouTubing on my computer where if I want to search for something I can and then just hit the back button to get back to my original quest.

The reason why I am making this post is because I don't know where else to make this complaint. There isn't an option to review the youtube app in the app store, I guess because its a native app. Anyone have any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Give the m.youtube.com site a try in Safari. The grid of squares icon at the top right takes you to several options, so don't be put off by the initial, overly-simple look of the site.

When you wish to view a video, tap and hold on it. You will get an option to open it in another tap, so that you can leave your original search untouched.

You can also use the full desktop site this way. Just tap the Desktop link at the bottom of the page.

Hold in mind that the full is not optimized for mobile, or the iPad. It may do a few strange things on occasion, and it will not filter out Flash and not-authorized-for-mobile videos, so not all videos you see will play.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, GoodReader just added a new special link you can add to Safari to download HTML5 videos; including YouTube.

Check under the general settings in the GoodReader app, and follow the instruction. I tried this on the mobile youtube site, and it worked fine.

Most reactions