What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube app driving me insane!

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the whole google song and dance a few weeks ago. They sent me a code etc. and I set up my password. It was a massive pain in the neck because neither google nor YouTube tells you about this when you try to sign into the app. Now the YouTube app once again won't accept my password. Should I just go ahead and put my brains on the wall, because I really don't want to go through all that again.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have gmail? I sign into my channel using my gmail address and password. works OK for me.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do. But it's not that simple. The only way I could sign in to YouTube with my gmail account was to do the 2 step verification. This involves them sending you a code, it must be done on a full moon, a blood sacrifice is required and the month must end in "y". I did all that, signed into the app and everything was fine for the past few weeks. I just want to know if I'm going to have to do the verification thing on a regular basis. If the answer is "yes", then to hell with the YouTube app.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the answer is "no". I never have to supply any authentication. I may have done it once, but if so, can't remember doing it. Maybe give it one more try before kicking it into touch. Haven't checked when the full moon is in May, but maybe iPF members can club together and buy you a goat so you're ready. Good luck.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tell me this doesn't make your head hurt. Does it REALLY have to be that complicated? I could understand it for email, but for YouTube?

Last edited by a moderator:

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thescatterling said:
I did the whole google song and dance a few weeks ago. They sent me a code etc. and I set up my password. It was a massive pain in the neck because neither google nor YouTube tells you about this when you try to sign into the app. Now the YouTube app once again won't accept my password. Should I just go ahead and put my brains on the wall, because I really don't want to go through all that again.

Just to make sure, but are you using an application specific password? If so it should work unless you've disabled the password for some reason.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cancelled it this morning in order to get ANOTHER app specific password. The one they say you only need to do once. Yeah, that one. But no, I didn't "accidentally" cancel it to start this whole thing. Quite frankly I don't know how you could do that accidentally. The app is working now, but my point still stands. It was a massive pain to start with, and I received no help from the YouTube people. I had to really go digging to find that out about 2 step verification. And they claimed I would only have to do it once. Very bad customer service.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cancelled it this morning in order to get ANOTHER app specific password. The one they say you only need to do once. Yeah, that one. But no, I didn't "accidentally" cancel it to start this whole thing. Quite frankly I don't know how you could do that accidentally. The app is working now, but my point still stands. It was a massive pain to start with, and I received no help from the YouTube people. I had to really go digging to find that out about 2 step verification. And they claimed I would only have to do it once. Very bad customer service.

I love my iPad to death but if there is one thing I hate it is the Youtube app.

WallyMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was the blood sacrifice a virgin. I had that problem and once I found a virgin (not very easy to do) the problem was solved.

I do. But it's not that simple. The only way I could sign in to YouTube with my gmail account was to do the 2 step verification. This involves them sending you a code, it must be done on a full moon, a blood sacrifice is required and the month must end in "y". I did all that, signed into the app and everything was fine for the past few weeks. I just want to know if I'm going to have to do the verification thing on a regular basis. If the answer is "yes", then to hell with the YouTube app.

OP
Thescatterling

Thescatterling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That time the password only lasted 3 days. Nothing happened with my iPad. I didn't sync it, I didn't reboot it and I didn't do anything to the YouTube app. It just randomly decided to lose my login information. I will be damned if I generate another code. I only wish I could delete the app. That's another thing. If it sucks that badly I should be able to get rid of it. I'll bet that's why they don't bother with decent customer service. They know you're stuck with it.

Most reactions