What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yourtube not saving videos after reboot

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well it does save the downloaded videos under /var/mobile/media/yourtube but it doesn't appear in the youtube app download section,they disappear after every reboot so i have to play them through ifile,is there any way to fix this? thanks

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well it does save the downloaded videos under /var/mobile/media/yourtube but it doesn't appear in the youtube app download section,they disappear after every reboot so i have to play them through ifile,is there any way to fix this? thanks

What version of yourtube do you have? When viewing the download directory in ifile hit the little blue arrow across from ifile...scroll to the bottom of this popup window and tap "add to camera roll"....the option "add to iPod app" doesn't work though. Video should now be in your photos app.

OP
G

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What version of yourtube do you have? When viewing the download directory in ifile hit the little blue arrow across from ifile...scroll to the bottom of this popup window and tap "add to camera roll"....the option "add to iPod app" doesn't work though. Video should now be in your photos app.

i have yourtube hd 1.3.1-1 thanks for your advice but could do that without asking here that's not the problem,what i want is to fix the problem of disappearing from downloads section in youtube app,i don't want to go to ifile every time and do the same.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a little confused though....what do you mean "after reboot" are you shutting down the iPad completely after video is downloaded? Or do you mean after restarting the YouTube app itself?

When you tap "download" on the video....does the video shoot over to the "downloads" tab at bottom of YouTube app, where you can watch as it downloads? And once it completes does it disappear then?

OP
G

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little confused though....what do you mean "after reboot" are you shutting down the iPad completely after video is downloaded? Or do you mean after restarting the YouTube app itself?

When you tap "download" on the video....does the video shoot over to the "downloads" tab at bottom of YouTube app, where you can watch as it downloads? And once it completes does it disappear then?

wow i can't believe this is so difficult to explain... yes when y tap download and it's complete i see the video in "downloads tab" and i play it perfectly but u know sometimes when i run out of battery or install something from cydia that requires a reboot u do it and then when i go again to youtube app the downloads tab where all my videos were is completely empty though the videos are still in yourtube's folder and i can play them only from there coz in youtube downloads tab there's nothing.got it now?

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happen to me just recently. I download a video from youtube, it downloaded fine, played fine everything was fine, but then I turn off my iPad complete for the night. (holding down the sleep/wake button at the top right corner of the iPad) The next day I wanted to listen to that same song and went to the section where all the downloads go after they finish downloading but did not see the video there, although I did see a video that I downloaded a really long time ago and had deleted, and it was some how there again. The old video did not play when I clicked on it, nothing really happened when I clicked on it. So i deleted it again.

I too am wondering why this happened and is there a way to fix this? (As mention above)

OP
G

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happen to me just recently. I download a video from youtube, it downloaded fine, played fine everything was fine, but then I turn off my iPad complete for the night. (holding down the sleep/wake button at the top right corner of the iPad) The next day I wanted to listen to that same song and went to the section where all the downloads go after they finish downloading but did not see the video there, although I did see a video that I downloaded a really long time ago and had deleted, and it was some how there again. The old video did not play when I clicked on it, nothing really happened when I clicked on it. So i deleted it again.

I too am wondering why this happened and is there a way to fix this? (As mention above)

i can't believe we 2 are the only ones with this problem... if there's no solution i'll definitely uninstall this tweak

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wow i can't believe this is so difficult to explain... yes when y tap download and it's complete i see the video in "downloads tab" and i play it perfectly but u know sometimes when i run out of battery or install something from cydia that requires a reboot u do it and then when i go again to youtube app the downloads tab where all my videos were is completely empty though the videos are still in yourtube's folder and i can play them only from there coz in youtube downloads tab there's nothing.got it now?

Just trying to get as much info as possible to try and replicate the problem. I've downloaded a few sample vids and rebooted the iPad several times and the videos still remain. Did you rename videos thru ifile then? All I can say is perhaps chalk it up to bugs with yourtube...contacting the developer, cocoa nuts, won't get you anywhere as I have a few times.

I too did notice this....when deleting through the YouTube app the video was still in the var/mobile/media/yourtube folder. I had to delete thru ifile to permanently delete. Also noticed if I renamed video thru ifile, the video would not play at all with in the native YouTube app.

It's a known issue with these problems happening and no support from the developer....who was kicked out of the cydia store by saurik himself because of receiving complaints about no developer support.

There are official apps in the app store that will accompolish this...tagdisk hd+, free & paid versions, for one but it is a stand-alone app.

OP
G

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just trying to get as much info as possible to try and replicate the problem. I've downloaded a few sample vids and rebooted the iPad several times and the videos still remain. Did you rename videos thru ifile then? All I can say is perhaps chalk it up to bugs with yourtube...contacting the developer, cocoa nuts, won't get you anywhere as I have a few times

didn't rename,didn't do anything and googling i just found out that a lot of people have the same problem i guess u're lucky it's working good for u.. i'll uninstall it right now,thank u for your support mate.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are official apps in the app store that will accompolish this...tagdisk hd+, free & paid versions, for one but it is a stand-alone app.

So if I download tagdisk hd+ I will be able to view/manage all the files on my iPad in a folder like on windows how you view/manage files?

If so WOAH that would be sweet to have because it would make it that much easier to clean up the iPad and save some space.. I tried using ifile but the free version doesn't let you do much.

Do you any more apps that will help me manage/view all the files on my iPad?

As for the youtube thing, i'm going to end up deleting the tweak even though it was an amazing one. I'm sure a better one will come along.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh I see, well thats fine thanks, although if you do come across an app that lets you view/manage all your files on the iPad please let me know. (not ifile)

jamm3r0n3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same problem

Have an iPad2 and just recently jb... installed youtube HD works great until one time i turned off my ipad then after i turn my ipad on, all the stuff i downloaded from youtube is gone... well. it had left me with only one video... main thing is, i have the same issue who started this thread... is there any other fix for this problem?

iPad 2 ver. 4.3.3

appreciate the help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now, unfortunately, YourTube is one of the few Cydia apps that doesn't play well with iOS 4.3.3. No updates to it, yet, nor have I heard of any in the works.

Shame that, 'cause I did like it (when I was on 4.2.1). But, given the niceties of 4.3.3, I guess one "broken" tweak is liveable with.

Marilyn

jamm3r0n3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess we have to wait few more updates then... maybe improvement and bugs for 4.3.3 will be fix later.

btw... i did try a fix by uninstalling yourtube... deleting the file from its root directory and reinstalling it.. did all the step correctly but never had luck on it.

I hope everyone here can provide an update once fix is out.

Regards...

Most reactions

Latest posts