What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Tube Videos

indyjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife and I both have iPad 2's.

I want to download You Tube music video's to my iPad. The problem is two fold:

1. You Tube videos do not play without interruption

2. I cannot find an app that will consistently download videos from any source much less You Tube.

I have read about some software to download onto your desktop, but we don't want to use our big desktop Mac. We have not upgraded to the new software
(we are told you will lose your pictures and all You Tube capability). We have several thousand pictures on our iPad now.

Does anyone have a resolution to this situation.

Help please!

Jack

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife and I both have iPad 2's.

I want to download You Tube music video's to my iPad. The problem is two fold:

1. You Tube videos do not play without interruption
2. I cannot find an app that will consistently download videos from any source much less You Tube.

I have read about some software to download onto your desktop, but we don't want to use our big desktop Mac. We have not upgraded to the new software (we are told you will lose your pictures and all You Tube capability). We have several thousand pictures on our iPad now.

Does anyone have a resolution to this situation.

Hi Jack - I cannot address all of your questions above, but I just updated my iPad2 to iOS 6.0.1 - first, you will NOT lose your pictures, so not a problem; second, there is no You Tube app as w/ the older OS versions, but via Safari, these videos can be played through their website, and a dedicated app may soon (if not already?) be available for playing these videos. Sorry, just a beginning and hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ more and better advice - good luck! Dave :)

Richie3336

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just trying video download app, there is a free one that let's you record about 10 videos, or the paid one is unlimited I think, I managed to record the movie Blue Thunder from the 80s to watch on the plane, and its not that bad, I'm sure there is a better app somewhere that isn't free but give it a go.

Last edited:
OP
I

indyjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.....

Since I posted that thread, I found an app that can download any video from any site (so far, at least) .........even You Tube.

You can get a free version to try it and then upgrade (to take out ads) if it works for you.

It is called "Total Downloader".

Try the free version first.......I had a problem with it at first (but I am sure it was me). Since I acclimated to it, I can now download 4 - 6 or more videos at a time. I do music and have not tried a movie yet but intend to.

Again, thanks for the replies!

Most reactions

Latest posts