What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Tube App sign in

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem signing in on the You Tube app. What am I not doing right?

I open the app. I opt for my videos. It prompts me to sign in. I sign in ( I've had an account for years). It ignores this and tells me to sign in at the You Tube site. I click okay. It opens Safari and goes to Google account sign in. I sign in. It accepts it. I go to You Tube on Safari. I can see all my fav. lists and channel, I'm sign in!

I go back to You Tube app. I opt for my videos. It prompts me to sign in. I sign in. It ignores this and we go round and round again......

This is nuts, the iPad site told me I'd be having a wonderful time on You Tube!

Please help. Thanks.

OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The crazy thing is I have just managed to sign on with another YT account I had before Google bought it. No problem, straight in, even watched some old tat I uploaded yonks back. I'll just use that then...

The quickest way from A to B is not a straight road.

OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello friend, talking to yourself again.

Problem solved.

However, YT app is redundant if you have Mercury Pro because it works the same for YT, but the bonus is you can hear the playlist while you browse other sites.

I'm loving iPad more now.

Sheilawin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you find a solution to the sign in problem? I cannot sign in on the iPad Utube either. Very frustrating. Works fine in Safari. Thanks.

OP
I

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

Yes, I abandoned my very old existing account and registered a new one, with a new email address from Gmail.

The playlist facility doesn't work - or didn't last time I tried - so I hardly use the account anyway. Meaning, you can save videos to a playlist but not play back the list, only individual videos in it. Not really a playlist then, more a favourites folder.

Best wishes,

Ian

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you upload to you tube from the YouTube app?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts