What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You haven't finished with my problems yet.

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have Auto-Fill / Names and Passwords turned on in Settings > Safari. You can choose to turn this off, and there will be nothing entered, or you can find and delete the information for individual sites under Settings > Safari > Passwords. If you do the second, then the next time you log into the site it should ask if you wan't to save the new name and password.

Personally I use the 1Password app instead. It is less integrated with Safari, but more versatile when used for other apps and secure data; especialy now that we have slide over and split view multitasking. I could use both, but prefer to keep all my secure info in one place.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twerppoet, I'd be interested in your opinion on Watchtower within 1password if you would care to give it. I've had it on for a while and haven't got any warnings or anything. Is this feature something you like?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Twerppoet, I'd be interested in your opinion on Watchtower within 1password if you would care to give it. I've had it on for a while and haven't got any warnings or anything. Is this feature something you like?

I don't really have an oppinion on the iOS version of Watchtower. I new it had been added, but only turned it on after you reminded me; which means I haven't received any alerts either. So, no opinion yet.

On OS X, Watchtower came along right after the HeartBeat security incident. It let me identify and chanage passwords for all my threatened logins. Every now and then I review it. Sometime I take its advice, and sometimes I don't; but at least I don't forget to think about security.

In general I think it's a handy tool, useful in reminding you of weak passwords, or passwords that you may not have changed in a long time. And it's alert feature for threatened sites could be a big plus, though I haven't seen any of those since the HeartBeat incident.

OP
I

islandman

Yes, it was the autofill thing but on my laptop. But when to settings, found ipad forums with the old email address etc, removed it, came back here and entered the new details and I'm in. I have to say have tried it several times, it isn't autofill, how can I do that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it was the autofill thing but on my laptop. But when to settings, found ipad forums with the old email address etc, removed it, came back here and entered the new details and I'm in. I have to say have tried it several times, it isn't autofill, how can I do that?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what the question is asking. Could you explain in more detail?

OP
I

islandman

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what the question is asking. Could you explain in more detail?
Am I a muppet or what?, sorry that was a hell of a bad post. Everything is sorted now anyway. It WAS autofill.

Most reactions

Latest posts