What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong Apple ID entered in setup

Futs & Jan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Ipad Air 2 that had all previous data deleted. I was trying to set it up for my Wife and her icloud Apple ID. It was connected to my PC and iTunes and somehow it entered my PC email address as the Apple ID . I don't have a Apple ID associated with that email address so I don't have a password either. So I am unable to delete all data and reset it to start over. I tried to reset the password and I get an error stating this email is unavailable. I talked to Apple support and they told me to bring it to the closest Apple store which is over 200 miles away. Has anyone had this experience with an Apple ID and can help a Senior Citizen get this straightened out? Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that your computer set up an Apple ID and password with no input from you?

OP
F

Futs & Jan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. When I went to set up the ipad Air 2 and connected to my desktop PC and iTunes my email address was somehow inserted as her Apple ID. We don't have an Apple ID with that email address or a password. So I am unable to do a complete reset without a password. I am stuck until I can find someone to help me out or bring it to an Apple Store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where did the password come from? It has to be entered manually, then repeated, before it's activated.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like you bought an iPad that is still tied to another iCloud account. Try contacting the seller to have them remove the account. However , more often than not , in cases like this, the iPad was stolen and there is no way to remove the iCloud account.

Most reactions