What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you use the ipad for digital photos

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the ipad concept, however I wondering if it would be useful for direct downloads from digital SLRs. The flash drive is relatively small. I am curious as to what others think.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of course i will. I saw how the things you can do to them on it.(its like you had a DSI in there) And the slide show effects are epic.:)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got a Canon 7D DSLR and the iPad camera kit.

As far as storage goes, I'd rather just buy compact flash cards rather than put the camera photos on the iPad. The only advantage I see of being able to put photos on the iPad directly is to email them, or to show them to friends right away.

I do use the supplied photo album app to show off pictures. When I do this, I crop and downsize the images to 1024x768. This shrinks the average image size from 6 Megabytes to around 100 Kilobytes (The images look just as good when I do this and it saves many megabytes of storage). Then, I sync the processed images between my computer and the iPad using iTunes. This lets me group the images in folders...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem w/ the right equipment & software - new to the iPad2 but trying to duplicate what I've done w/ my laptops, esp. on the road; I have 2 digital cameras, both w/ SD cards.

The camera adapter as already stated in a previous post allows importation of the images wanted (if desired these can be downsized on the camera or on the iPad w/ the appropriate software).

Two apps that I'm just starting to learn to use are Photogene (easy to crop & downsize) & Photo-sort, which I have not used much at the moment, but plan to on some upcoming trips. Still learning but seems like there are plenty of options out there for handling digital images - :)

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes iI deffinately would. Pictures look great on the screen for viewing and sharing with family.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only in a limited manner

even with a 64 gig iPad2 I can run out of short term storage space pretty quickly. There are no meaningful image manipulation applications out there which is probably OK, that's what Macs are for. So limited value as a backup device on the road, high value to show folks the images here and now and to use as an unretouched email sending device. You don't even need the camera connection kit with the Airstash, it's all wireless.

I am just paranoid enough about data security that I download to my MacBookPro and two external drives before I even consider formatting the card to record more images. I use 32 gig cards.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bibititta said:
How can i sort thr photos on my iPad??? Now they are showed in 'Date taken' - order and NOT in 'Name'-order that I want

You might want a Folio app for images. I saw one as a free trial last week - iPad Folio Lite. There are others, I'm sure.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts