What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word Processor or PDF Apps for 5.1.1?

Arfeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if such a thing exists or where I can go to download it? Someone gave me a "wiped clean" iPad 1, and it appears as though there is not a single downloadable app in the world that works with 5.1.1.

If anyone has any kid-friendly game app suggestions, that would be welcome as well. Honestly, anything useful/cool/entertaining that anyone recommends is very welcome. The biggest thing is, I need someone to show me where I can download/find these apps, because the iTunes store appears to have abandoned any apps that work on 5.1.1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever had an iOS device before, such as an iPod, iPhone, or iPad? If you have, and you previously purchased or downloaded apps back when iOS 5 was the latest operating system, you can often download the latest compatible version of an app on your iPad 1, even though the latest version won't work with iOS 5.1.1. That's how I downloaded apps like iMessage, iBooks, FaceTime, etc. to my iPad 1.
It's not mandatory that app developers allow the download of older versions of their apps but many do.

OP
A

Arfeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I haven't. I guess I should have done more research. I'm coming up with the same answer...which is....if you just now got an ipad1, and didn't previously DL apps, you basically cannot get any apps anywhere.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions