What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word Documents

zenonp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi If this has been discussed previously, I apologize ahead of time for repeating. When I receive a word document in an email on my iPad, is there something out there that will open it? I am willing to pay for an app if it is good. Recommendations, suggestions? Thanks!:ipad-front:

There are many iPad Apps that claim to be compatible with MS files (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). What they mean is that the App will open the file if it has the right extension name, but NONE of them are compatible with the formatting and mess up the most elementary formatting. The only one that does it perfectly is OnLive Desktop because it actually uses the latest Microsoft software (I don't know how they deal with the license problem!), but since the software lives on the Onlive server you have to be connected to the internet and you have to have your files on the Onlive server too -- so it's not much use to me, but it may be for you.

Most reactions