What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't recognize my airprinter

Richfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Epson Workforce 545 that has printed via airprint before, but now get a message that "can't find printer".

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spent 2 days with Kodak trying to get my darn printer to recognize and stay connected to the keyboard. We thought we had it when we did a manual connect, but that lasted less then an hour.

I don't know about Epson but the way Kodak printed wirelessly was by sending an email to the printer, and then it would print out. This worked by using Google Cloud for printing. The printer had it's own address. You may want to look at that if you can't solve your problem.
I gave up and just ran a USB to my computer. I came to the realization that in the 2 years or so I have owned an iPad I have never once had the need to print from it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Epson Workforce 545 that has printed via airprint before, but now get a message that "can't find printer".

Have you tried to turn the printer on and off? Or, have you tried a restart or a reset of your iPad? To do (apologies if you know how):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Sometimes, the iPad just needs a swift kick in the software to get it to work as it did before. So, try this?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts