What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WMA audio files converted for ipad

marksgtv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I have a son who has autism and we're always trying to find new tricks to help this kid. The latest issue isn't so much about that -- but we digitally record our meetings with his school officials and they are WMA files. I'm trying to get them on my wife's I pad so she can listen to the meeting's audio file. I've converted it to an mp3, shipped it to her email address using WeTransfer but it doesn't seem to want to play on the ipad. It's a pretty big file at slightly over 100 megs.

I then tried it as an m4a file which is smaller, but it still won't play. I CAN play them in itunes on the mac so I figured they'd be fine for the ipad but no cigar.
Not sure what to try next. Any help is greatly appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mark - if you have the MP3 file in your iTunes library on the computer, have you tried to just transfer it over to the iPad (my usually way when I rip CDs or download music to my laptop, i.e. put the music into the library, cable the iPad to the computer, and then just drag & drop onto the iPad icon) which should put the file into your native Music app?

Now there are likely other ways, but just gave Dropbox a try (free download) for iPad & a computer - I just put a MP3 file into Dropbox on my laptop - immediately showed up in Dropbox on my iPad - when the file was tapped, a music player opened in the app and allowed me to play the music. NOW, I looked in the Music app and it had not been stored there. Good luck and let us know your results - I'm sure others have had the same question - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts