What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless printing app.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an icon on the task bar, but when I select Open Fingerprint, all it shows is the 3 printers as on my previous post.

Do I have to select just one.?

Please don't be offended by the next question - your PC does have WiFi doesn't it?

Tim

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is an icon on the task bar, but when I select Open Fingerprint, all it shows is the 3 printers as on my previous post.

Do I have to select just one.?

Please don't be offended by the next question - your PC does have WiFi doesn't it?

Hi Guys - well that was going to also be my question - both devices have to be on the same Wi-Fi network (but I assume Wi-Fi was on since photos were printed).

But I just tried FingerPrint on my system - printed out a photo, an e-mail (from the iPad native app), and a short document from Pages (actually a copied song list off the web) - all successful; now, I've not tried to print directly from the web.

Hope all works out well - this is an inventive & useful option to printing from the iPad - good luck! :)

Last edited:

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I've followed all the instructions, now it tells me its incompatible, running in XPSP2, so why.?

I'm running Win7 32bit.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I've ran out of ideas but a newbie to this program - AirPrint compatibility might be an issue but that is the purpose of the program, i.e. to print on non-HP non-AirPrint printers - right! :confused:

You might want to visit the Support page of Collobos Software HERE and leave them a message; their FAQs do not seem to address many issues, but one suggests reinstalling your printer(s), rather draconian IMO - good luck and sorry for your problem - :(

debbied88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use printer pro app. Don't know if this will do what you want but it works for me.

JeffBarton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP CP1025nw color printer that supports AirPrint but when I try to print from my iPad2, I get a "no printer found" error message. I am able to print wirelessly from my Mac, so I know the network is working. Can someone help? Thanks

salo0641

iPF Noob
Reaction score
debbied88 said:
I use printer pro app. Don't know if this will do what you want but it works for me.

Hi debbied88:
Where did you get the printer pro app from ? I will like to try it!

debbied88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it from the app store. It is called printer pro. I think it might have cost $1.99. Just used it and it worked beautifully. I just print things from web and email so far. Good luck. You can try the free lite version to see if it will work on your printer.

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At last I can print from my iPAD.
I got fed up of going round in circles, got myself an HP 6500A Plus.

My son can have my Epson.

Fred17rhodes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At last I can print from my iPAD.
I got fed up of going round in circles, got myself an HP 6500A Plus.

My son can have my Epson.

---------
Looks like a good AllinOneprinter
Q. Will it SCAN direct to memory card (as a stand alone - PC turned off)
OR only to PC

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mem.JPG

This what you mean.

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at app called "print n share". Works perfectly with my samsung laser wifi printer which is defintely not supported by this airprint stuff. The app alows you to print email,docs,fotos and even interface with the camera so you can print directly after taking a photo.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
silvertemplar said:
Have a look at app called "print n share". Works perfectly with my samsung laser wifi printer which is defintely not supported by this airprint stuff. The app alows you to print email,docs,fotos and even interface with the camera so you can print directly after taking a photo.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I can second Print n Share. I can print wirelessly via my laptop (never sleeps) to an old HP Multifunction that doesn't even have WiFi. I believe it has an bigger brother made by the same company which is probably even more precise but, I remember reading that there was some glitch with that one (probably fixed by now).

Most reactions

Latest posts