What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Flash Drive

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ran across this accessory and thought it has a lot of potential.
airstashtop3.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVFSopptns"]Here is a vid[/ame]

It's a wireless flash drive/access point. I hope more products like this come out. What do you think? Would you be interested in something like this?

More info.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh ok I see, its not like the device that you plug into your desktop to make it a wireless hub you actually carry it along side your phone...interesting concept.

Have you tried Orb? Been around along time...lets you consume media on your iPhone/Touch from your computer....Gives me about 3TB storage on the go.

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,

this looks awesome so stupid question can i take a movie from itunes drag on to my memory card hook this up to wifi and watch it anywhere i ma on my ipad can i put documents and stuff like that on it to ?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow, thats cool.. It will be interesting to see if that gets some iPad support!

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is from the FAQ on their website:

What is the battery life of the AirStash?
AirStash provides up to five hours of continuous video streaming. We are working to optimize the battery life for audio streaming and in standby mode and will announce final numbers before AirStash ships

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could definitely use something like this, but not this :(. I would love to find one of these with a good sized laptop HD (320-500GB) build in. I know it would be a lot bigger than this especially when you add in a battery that can last a decent amount of time. Since it is wireless, I don't have a problem with that. Anyone know if such a thing exists? TIA :).

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it charge off the Apple iPad or iPod wall charger unit I wonder?

And yes, very awesome.

*edit*
It's web based with an html front end? Hum... use HTML5 and one could create a slick front-end interface for file viewing.

Last edited:

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that is pretty cool! Great thing to add to the my 16GB iPad if it ever runs out of memory. Shouldn't be a problem as I don't usually store things after I've viewed them (movies). I've had a 16GB iPhone 3GS since it was launced and it has 11.3GB available.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad extra Storage

hi guys,

this looks awesome so stupid question can i take a movie from itunes drag on to my memory card hook this up to wifi and watch it anywhere i ma on my ipad can i put documents and stuff like that on it to ?

This is not a stupid question at all, this device wont work with iPad until Apple allow remote access storage, let me make it clear (my poor Singlish :D)

you can connect you're Iphone to Mobile me, DropBox but you can't access to you're time capsule ,i think this is a security matter ...

Most reactions

Latest posts