What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible fix for wifi sync

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
latest idea for wifi sync not working in itunes... I have spent countless hours trying to get wifi sync to work with itunes I have looked a t untold threads from untold web pages including official apple forums... to no avail... I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. was using avg free norton av ... nod and few other av products... here seemingly is what fixed the issue..i uninstalled the latest antivirus i was trying out and then ran a reg cleaner. installed Avast free (if this fix works i will purchase avast)I then went into "services" and found every single instance of any apple product and in the general tab i set ALL of these individual services ( several of them) to run as administrator ...all seems to work..i have rebooted several times shut off my modem and my router shut down and and restarted itunes. I am sure that running apple programs as administrator was the thing that fixed the issue and not so much the use of avast antivirus... to get into services click your start orb and type services in the search box and click enter... hope tis fix works as the greyed out "sync now" tab on my apple products was driving me nuts... I will now see if my appletv works with wifi all the time or if i have keep it wired to my modem as the wifi link kept getting lost since day one with that too.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Keep us posted with how you get on. I have intermittent problems with wireless sync. May have to try Administrator rights as well.

OP
D

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it won't hurt your computer to set them to run as admin... try it but i would shut down itunes first... should take you all of 2 minutes to do this

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be watching closely. I have had wireless syncing working for all of two weeks since iOS5 was released. Right now, zilch. However, home sharing seems to work flawlessly now, after months of erratic behaviour.

Port forwarding was one of the so-called remedies, but it didn't work for me.

OP
D

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 days now and all is fine...even appletv is working with wifi... getting all the apple programs to run on a pc with administrator rights did the trick... I am sure someone out there must have figured this out earlier then this but the fix was just hidden amongst all thousands upon thousands of threads out there. It is a nice feature to just be able to sync wireless and auto sync by just pluggingin plugging into a charger not connected to the computer

OP
D

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone else get this fixed please add a comment as i know it is a huge issue...

OP
D

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
going on 4 days plus with no problems and my appletv finally works all the time on wifi now too.

Most reactions