What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi router

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, plz guide me that if I m away form router 20 feet, the signal comes week and if I m away 10 feet the signal will fine which I understand because my browsing go slow maybe I m away from the device. Use my apple device with wifi it's was my 1st experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, plz guide me that if I m away form router 20 feet, the signal comes week and if I m away 10 feet the signal will fine which I understand because my browsing go slow maybe I m away from the device. Use my apple device with wifi it's was my 1st experience....

Please provide information regarding your router (brand/model), your computer (type, e.g. PC or Apple) and operating system installed on your computer; also, which iPad & iOS are you using? I'm not sure where you are located and what ISP (Internet Service Provider) you may be using, but that information would help.

First, are you in the same room w/ the router when making the 10 ft vs. 20 ft. comparison? Second, have you tested your DL (download) speed on the computer? If not, then visit your ISP's website or use an online service, such as Speedtest - there I am getting about 22 Mbps DL speed which is not great but works for me (Time-Warner, USA); there is also an app for the iPad, so that testing in various locations can be done (give it a try!) - let me stop there to allow you to respond and/or ask further questions. Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks. I ask my friend he told me the distance issue as I m using 512kbs it already slow then 1mb

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tks. I ask my friend he told me the distance issue as I m using 512kbs it already slow then 1mb

Well, please try to look at each of my questions and provide answers - the above does not help much at all except to suggest that your Wi-Fi router is extremely slow - Dave :)

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use speed test app it's download 1.Mbps upload 0.20 ping

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use speed test app it's download 1.Mbps upload 0.20 ping

Hello again - would still help considerably if you address the questions in the first paragraph of my opening post, i.e. ISP, router, modem, computer, and your location?

From the DL speed given above, i.e. 1 Mbps, your internet connection is poor - for example, the quote below (Source) shows the MB (Megabyte = 8 megabits) size of some common activities on the internet; I've added the megabit size and the seconds needed at your DL speed to do these simple tasks. I cannot take this much further w/o more input from you. Dave :)

• 1 Web Page – 1 MB = 8 Mb = 8 secs
  • 1 Text Email – .97 MB = 8 Mb = 8 secs
  • Download 1 Image – 2.5 MB = 20 Mb = 20 secs
  • 30 Min of Gaming – 2.5 MB = 20 Mb = 20 secs

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sir I had a shared connection so I can't provide such device details Tks any way

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello friends I had a wifi modem device of our country Internet provider, I can login in my device homepage. Did anybody knows short key of engineer mode and it's universal key or se prat of all. Tks

Most reactions

Latest posts