What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi problems with both iPhone and iPad

erosnunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have one iPad and two iPhones. Every 10 minutes or so, they lose connection with my router.
I need to go to settings and turn off and on wifi to be able to have internet again.

I have an Hitron BVW 3653 that I must use because it's specifically design to my service provider (ZON Portugal).

Do you have any idea on now to avoid this situation? It's really anoying!!!

Eros

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, there is a rather awkward way. You get another router that you know is compatible, hook it into one of the ethernet ports on your main router and set up a separate WiFi network for your iDevices.

I do something similar. I have an old AirPort express. I plugged it into my iMac's ethernet port and shared my internet connection to it. Took a little fiddling to make it work, but works great.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, unplug your router/wifi device(s) and leave them off of at least 8-10 min. Then, second - Try this, go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK, then chose the line with your network name on it and then press the blue arrow on the right, then tap the FORGET THIS NETWORK button at the top of the page. Then setup your network again. OR, you can try to tap RENEW LEASE and see it that helps. The first option above is the best one to try, as it resets everything in the network settings.

Things to try on iPad for wifi problems.From Apple forums.

1) - Set router to fragmentation=2048, RTS=512 an
02) - Disable router 40Mhz, use only 20Mhz
03) - Change router from 5 Mhz to 2.4 Mhz
04) - Disable N router standard
05) - Use WPA or WPA2 (2 seems better) instead of WEP
06) - Use TKIP instead of AES or BOTH security in router
07) - Disable bluetooth in iPad
08) - Check nearby routers for channel conflict
09) - Router firmware update
10) - Reset/cold boot router
11) - Reset network settings on iPad
12) - Cycle iPad power off and on (fails on wake from stby)
13) - Redownload adn reinstall the 4.2.1 update
14) - Set iPad DNS to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS?)
15) - SetiPad autobrightness to off or away from lowest setting
16) - Assign iPad a fixed IP address (don't use DHCP in router)
17) - Turn off "ask to join networks" on iPad
18) - Turn off notifications iPad
19) - Adjust QOS (google for settings)
20) - Change the passwords for your main and guest networks in Apple Extreme and update to latest firmware

OP
E

erosnunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys!! I think I found the problem; I was using an SSID with a space on it, now i entered an underscore between the two names and everything's working fine. My fault on this one!!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys!! I think I found the problem; I was using an SSID with a space on it, now i entered an underscore between the two names and everything's working fine. My fault on this one!!

Thanks for letting us know. I was still trying to figure out which way to point you. Glad you are up and running again.

Most reactions

Latest posts