What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi issues every couple hours?

CoNsPiRiSiZe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So far, I'm loving my iPad!!!, it's amazing! I've jail broken it, only a few tiny tweaks, and I just love it.
But I am experiencing an issue that I really hope isn't just something I have to live with wit this iPad..

I browse the Internet a lot on this thing, and I'm constantly on Twitter, and eBay and Amazon... But about every two hours or so of browsing my wifi just starts to try and try and try to get the data I'm trying to pull up...
Nothing seems to help, killing the app and restarting it... Disconnecting wifi and reconnecting.. Renewing my lease..
I know it isn't my router or anything, we have another iPad 2 that works just fine, and I have never had this issue with my phone. So I don't know why this is happening to my iPad Mini!!!
Can anyone point me to a fix?
Is it caused by jailbreak? Maybe it's just the apps? Idk but it does get annoying!!!

Cheers!
Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a similar issue whereby the WiFi data circular icon will turn and turn for minutes at a time without actual data loading at all - my iPad is not jailbroken. The trouble in my case happens randomly in time but have noticed it occurs for the FB app and Podcasts app. Did you try cold-reseting your iPad?

OP
C

CoNsPiRiSiZe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a similar issue whereby the WiFi data circular icon will turn and turn for minutes at a time without actual data loading at all - my iPad is not jailbroken. The trouble in my case happens randomly in time but have noticed it occurs for the FB app and Podcasts app. Did you try cold-reseting your iPad?

By cold reset you mean turning off and back on? Ive never heard of a cold reset..

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By cold reset you mean turning off and back on? Ive never heard of a cold reset..

They may have meant a hard reset, by pressing the home button and power button at the same time until you see the apple logo appear.

OP
C

CoNsPiRiSiZe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question remains, is this normal? It bugs the hell out of me and if I am contemplating buying an iPhone it certainly won't happen if wifi is sporadic like this!
Thx!

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not normal. I had an issue with my iPad 3 where it would constantly drop facetime calls. I tried everything, hard reset, restore from backup, and finally a full restore to factory settings and nothing worked. I ended up taking it to Apple and they swapped it for a new one after a few tests. This maybe your only option. Mind you, if you take it to apple you will need to restore it first and delete the jailbreak (save all your sbs settings first), otherwise Apple not look at it.

OP
C

CoNsPiRiSiZe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not normal. I had an issue with my iPad 3 where it would constantly drop facetime calls. I tried everything, hard reset, restore from backup, and finally a full restore to factory settings and nothing worked. I ended up taking it to Apple and they swapped it for a new one after a few tests. This maybe your only option. Mind you, if you take it to apple you will need to restore it first and delete the jailbreak (save all your sbs settings first), otherwise Apple not look at it.

Of course :/
Thanks for the info tho Seneca!!
If it continues I guess I'll have to find the time to unjailbreak it and all that good stuff.
Cheers!

Most reactions

Latest posts