What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi is weird outside of home network

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is hooking to wifi at home just fine...rarely drops. I am happy. Yesterday I had new tires put on and the Firestone guy says...sure we have wifi and it's open...go for it.

So I went to set it and it showed I was on their network but nothing would connect. Safari or email.

I looked at the chart ,of network into in the wifi set up and the fields were all blank...no IP addy numbers, etc

I don't have the 3G so it need this to work when I travel next week.

Any ideas? It also would not hook into star bucks either.

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dallas, I've had no trouble connecting to multiple open wifi ports (restaurants, stores, etc). I'll be staying at a hotel with wireless this weekend and do not anticipate any problems there. My office wifi has worked as well, thought that is a bit more complex due to security settings.

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi

I know that you need to sign up with Starbucks to get 2 hours of free wi-fi each day. Here's the info on that:

Wireless Internet | Starbucks Coffee Company

And I am assuming that the wi-fi at Firestone didn't have protection on the network. I guess I would ask them how to connect.

Good luck,

SouleMan

Most reactions

Latest posts