What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miwifi 5.0 breaks the Ipad's exisitng Wifi connection

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Miwifi 5.0 works fine with AT&T 3G. When My Ipad is using 3G, I turn the wifi hotspot on, My Ipad can browse the internet and another Ipad sees the network, can connect and browse the internet as well.

The problem is with Wifi. I connect my Ipad to my wpa2 router and verify internet connectivity. I then Launch Miwifi 5.0 and turn the hotspot on. The app reports that I have no network connectivity and suggests cycling the airplane mode settings. This does not help. After these steps, my Ipad has no wifi connectivity. The settings show it is connected to the new hotspot which has can not go anywhere on Safari. I can switch to the my original wifi and see that it picked up an ip from my router, however, I am unable to go anywhere on Safari. I can browse with 3g. I am only able to get out with wifi after I restart the device. I tried this several times.

Also, now My ipad no longer auto connects to my home wifi, requiting me to tap it.

Are these known issues?

Please advise.

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't use your iPad to both connect to a WiFi network and offer up a WiFi hotspot. You can do one or the other. Not both.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks 4 the quick reply.

The lack of the feature does not cause any harm, as If I wanted any devices on a wifi network that I control to connect to it, I could simply connect them.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still no longer auto-connect to my home wifi. This happened after I used miwifi. I have restarted since. Not a huge inconvenience, but is this a known bug, and how can I get the Ipad to auto-connect to my own network.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts