What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wifi connection

sswf224

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all - I am a complete newbie so please be gentle.

I have just bought a ipad 3 (not 3G) and would to know the best way get Internet access.

This will be on apartment complex in Turkey where there is no wi-fi.

Can a router be hired ?

There are of course loads of bars where there is wifi.

the thing that puzzles me is that I know a wifi dongle can be hired by the week - but the ipad has no USB slot.

I have seen a little connecter - ipad at one end and USB (female) at the other so could I put the dongle in there ?

Many thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sswf224 said:
Hi all - I am a complete newbie so please be gentle.

I have just bought a ipad 3 (not 3G) and would to know the best way get Internet access.

Can a router be hired ?

the thing that puzzles me is that I know a wifi dongle can be hired by the week - but the ipad has no USB slot.

I have seen a little connecter - ipad at one end and USB (female) at the other so could I put the dongle in there ?

Many thanks

You will need to access wirelessly. There is no adapter to hard wire the iPad into an Ethernet connection.

You say the apartment complex has no wifi. Are there internet service providers in your area that might provide you service? I know of a provider her in the US (Clear) that is a monthly service that provides you a wireless router with internet access.

Their routers use 3G (cellular signal) as the conduit to the internet so you only need cellular service available where you are located for a service like this to function.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can a router be hired ?
the thing that puzzles me is that I know a wifi dongle can be hired by the week............

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

As you know, your new iPad has Wi-Fi built in so that is the signal the device needs to detect, regardless of the source. Some excellent comments have already been made, e.g. obtaining a wireless router in your apartment using a local ISP provider.

Another consideration (and not sure about its availability in Turkey) is Mi-Fi (an example HERE) which is basically a way to setup a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot using a 3G or 4G cellular signal - the small portable device needs to be purchased along w/ a data plan. Thus, you have plenty of options - good luck and let us know your solution! :thumbs:

SouthernDad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchase an inexpensive Wireless N router. Any old Belkin or Linksys will work. Plug it into the wired Internet access then you will have WiFi.

I had to do this on each visit to Walt Disney World until the finally got with the times and installed WiFi for guest use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts