What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi printing

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree 100% the router is the core to your network. If is used by date or just a basic router it will create issues with any mobile connect devices. If the manufacturers state the are AirPrint compatible then they will connect period however if your net work devices are old or low cost devices forget it.
Life is to short to make old stuff work with new.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Epson is correct and it's a router IP issue, then neither options will work until that is resolved.

The thing is that they both seem to be "correct"
Epson is saying that the router has to be IPV4
D-Link is saying that my router defaults to IPV4
It make it very confusing, and worse, what does a guy do in a case like this?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the D-Link router acting as the DHCP server (allocating IP addresses to devices on the network), or do you have a separate modem router doing that?

Can you check the printer to see what IP address it has been assigned? Is that IP in the same range as the rest of the network? There should be a Network option in the printer's menu.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. In fact I tried setting up the printer using the computer and also using the printer itself (small window on printer)
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts