What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi hotspots

stevie tints

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just bought the new iPad without 3G , but have a iPhone on contract with 02 ,I've just used the iPhone as a hotspot for the iPad which worked great" does anyone know if this is a extra charge on my phone bill, I have unlimited Internet but not sure if they will hit me with a bigger bill

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the hotspot is available on your phone you will not get an extra bill with O2. They now include tethering in their packages as standard. I've had it or some time. The only thing you need to be aware of is your data allowance (mine is 750MB per month), but they will send you a text when (if) you use 80% of it and again when you max it out. At that stage you either need to top up or wait for the monthly cycle to finish and reset automatically. During that time you will get data, but very very limited in terms of speed (it won't be usable for much).

Hope that clarifies. (and I'll move your post out of the "news submissions" section!)

Last edited:

ipadluva69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do not mind, how does this work. I have a iPhone 4, with an iPad 3, strictly WI-FI. So this means I can be outside at a restaurant, and use my iPhone to access my iPad?

stevie tints said:
Have just bought the new iPad without 3G , but have a iPhone on contract with 02 ,I've just used the iPhone as a hotspot for the iPad which worked great" does anyone know if this is a extra charge on my phone bill, I have unlimited Internet but not sure if they will hit me with a bigger bill

iPad 3 user

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadluva69 said:
If you do not mind, how does this work. I have a iPhone 4, with an iPad 3, strictly WI-FI. So this means I can be outside at a restaurant, and use my iPhone to access my iPad?

iPad 3 user

It means you can use your phone data and surf the internet on your iPad by connecting it to your phone. As a hotspot your phone will put out a wifi signal allowing you to connect the iPad to it.

Most reactions