What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why would the App Store charge for multiple downloads?

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently downloaded Photo Manager Pro to my iPad. Really like this app, so I want to download it to my iPhone and my wife's iPad. The App Store wants to charge me for each additional download. These three devices are all on the same account.

In the past, additional downloads of paid apps have been free for these devices.

What's changed?

Larry Cruzen

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you were trying to download the app to your other devices, were you doing it from the purchased list?
Several times in the past I've tried to download a previously purchased app that doesn't show as purchased. If I tap the buy button, I get a pop up saying I've already purchased the app and I can redownload it for free. If you try this and are charged, contact customer support at this link to explain that you already purchased the app and should not be charged again. https://www.apple.com/support/ios/contact/

Last edited:
OP
larrycruzen

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photo Manager Pro does not appear on the purchased lists on any of my devices. However, when I hit the "buy" button" the app downloaded without charging me.

Problem solved… Thanks to you, Scifan57.

However, I wonder if I will be advised of future updates, since apparently the App Store doesn't know I have the app.

Larry Cruzen

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the app is installed on your iPad, you will receive all updates as they are released. You can then choose to download the update or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts