What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are my downloads so slow? Is this normal ?

JosephInVermont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad "classic" (thats a 1...: ) with current software. When purchasing a movie or tv series on itunes it takes all night and then some to download. This is true whether I download to a laptop and then transfer or put it directly on the ipad. Is this normal? All my downloads are wireless on my home network, which is a dsl and works fine with no issues.

trtuttle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything for me was slow because I had issues with my download of ios5. Try reinstalling it

ThomasZarrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ours is running very slow a lot now. I think it is just the age, but I have been considering reinstalling the iOS as well.

trtuttle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main issues came when I installed the updates via wifi. I had issues with everything being slow. I would back up and restore and see if it fixes. Apple advisors told me this fixes most issues.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
JosephInVermont said:
I have an iPad "classic" (thats a 1...: ) with current software. When purchasing a movie or tv series on itunes it takes all night and then some to download. This is true whether I download to a laptop and then transfer or put it directly on the ipad. Is this normal? All my downloads are wireless on my home network, which is a dsl and works fine with no issues.

If the download is slow on your laptop as well as your iPad this to me would indicate your Internet connection rather than something wrong with your iPad.

CaptSolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with download speed. Upload speed was not a problem. The fix I did was changed my wireless router security to WPA and my speed went from .045 Mbps to 15 Mbps.

Most reactions