What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope my ipad is all I want.Perfect entertainer for me in my studio, at the cafe and on the ferry.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you go smaller if you already own fullsize ipad

For me, I like to type in portrait mode, and it's a killer on the 1st generation full size iPad. Also the split keyboard feature just does not work well for me. I also am looking forward to a device that is .8 lbs (and 55%) lighter than my 1st gen.

nexusman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an ipad mini 64gb and the ipad 2 16gb. Mine is the ipad mini, which I prefer for portability, my Wife has the ipad 2. I have had android tablets and phones, but htey are not a patch on the apple `stuff`. I have a lenovo, idea pad, which my Grandson plays on now. Total rubbish, android `stuff`.
martin

Brisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you go smaller if you already own fullsize ipad

As said previously, portability.

I have an iPad 2 4G and a iPad Mini 16G.

The iPad 2 is going away shortly. I tend to carry the Mini much more that I ever did the iPad 2 simply because of the size.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As said previously, portability.

I have an iPad 2 4G and a iPad Mini 16G.

The iPad 2 is going away shortly. I tend to carry the Mini much more that I ever did the iPad 2 simply because of the size.

I sold my iPad 3rd Gen. and am completely happy with the Mini! I don't need a higher res. screen, so the Mini 2 didn't tempt me to wait. Quite simply, the Mini is one of the best tech purchases I've ever made. I am also enjoying the iPhone 4 - my 1st iPhone. I don't love Apple the Company... but I really do love Apple 'stuff'! :) I came from Android and have never looked back!

Threelions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same as others have said portability. I have the Ipad 4 for home and the Ipad Mini for when I'm out and about travelling, commuting, work etc.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still need my ipad2 for good VPN TV Streaming but love my mini for carrying around the house. I also love my iPhone 4S. Each device has its own uses.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I've had the newest gen IPAD for about a year and I love it! My first Apple product & I have to say I see why people love it. So far no problems at all, easy to work with. Just last month I had to reinstall my Windows 7 on my desktop after months of trying to fix registry problems. Big difference! Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the IPAD mini as my business traveling computer since it is smaller & lighter. I played around with my mom's new Kindle Fire the other day & I think it's about the same size & I liked it. My question is about about transfering pictures. I have the Apple picture kit thing that I purchased for my new IPAD to transfer my digital pics. Does this work w/ the mini as well? It's very important when I'm out of town on business that I can transfer pics to my computer. Thanks!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When the rumors of it first started circulating, I was very enthusiastic about getting a Mini, but I later discovered that all I needed was the right bag for my iPad 2 and not a smaller iPad.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using this to replace a netbook that I use for my business that I absolutely hate. It's slow & tedious. I don't want to take my baby, my IPAD4 on the road. Also anyone have any idea how long shipping from Apple takes now, when I assume they are not back up w/ orders? I'm trying to time my order w/ when I will be here to accept the order. Thanks!

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 but just purchased a mini- because of the ease of it's portability. The iPad is a work device for me, that I use continuously throughout the day. I was waiting for the new mini but it sounds like it isn't coming out until late summer/fall.
So after reading many comments o in this forum, I purchased a mini.

Most reactions

Latest posts