What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

intillzah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my ipad 1 in the bedroom where it's become an alarm clock/internet radio/weather station. I still love it, but I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a mini here this week.. It's my 5 year gift for working where I work to me....

JohnnyFever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BLAMMM. JustDid!
Love the mini. It's really well designed, and piece of cake moving everything from old to new. Just took a couple hours.
Gave iPad 2 to a Stone Cold Stunner. And she REALLY appreciated that.

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a ipad mini a few days ago and love it because of the size. The screen (in my opinion) is perfect as well as the weight. And it really isn't much slower than any other idevice.

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good question... I have thought about it and maybe waiting to see if there is going to be a retina display.
Then, possibly...

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mini is just the right size for me. I bought an iPhone 3GS to research the iPad, but it was just to small. Old technology is cheaper, so I started with the 3GS. Before that, the Kindle fire which is about the same size and less than half the price. It worked fine for what I used it for; Trips to the library to use their Wifi and surf the net.

Brisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been an iPad2 64g owner since release day. I have enjoyed it immensely, traveled all over the US weekly on many flights.

Last night I went to the Apple store and purchased on a whim, the iPad Mini 16g w/Verizon 4G.

I'm in love! The iPad2 will go bye-bye.

I took a look at my storage needs, I've never had more than 21G of space used in the iPad2 and a lot of that can be deleted now that I have access anywhere I have cell service or wifi. On the old device I tended to keep everything.

I also bought the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for it. I used on on my 2 and it is great for typing when needed like during a meeting or presentation.

Enjoy your Minis!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been an iPad2 64g owner since release day. I have enjoyed it immensely, traveled all over the US weekly on many flights.

Last night I went to the Apple store and purchased on a whim, the iPad Mini 16g w/Verizon 4G.

I'm in love! The iPad2 will go bye-bye.

I took a look at my storage needs, I've never had more than 21G of space used in the iPad2 and a lot of that can be deleted now that I have access anywhere I have cell service or wifi. On the old device I tended to keep everything.

I also bought the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for it. I used on on my 2 and it is great for typing when needed like during a meeting or presentation.

Enjoy your Minis!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

That has been my experience too... I loved the iPad 3, but my immediate response to the Mini was ... love! The size is great to carry in my purse and having cell and WiFi is so useful. That iPad 3 is a beauty, but probably I will sell it soon. The Min is the one.

bgjones42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sure will when 2nd gen comes out. Love my pad2 but really want a mini. Just couldn't justify without retina display.

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd iPad mini. The original's battery neglected to hold a charge. Although I'm grandfathered in to unlimited data (AT&T) I decided not to use that plan with the mini. Instead, I cancelled the plan I had for my laptop connect card - and use the mini's "Personal Hotspot" feature (with the 5G, no overages but starts a new billing cycle, option). Can't give up the full-sized iPad(s) for many reasons, but the size and convenience of the mini is my "dream" device.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BLAMMM. JustDid!
Love the mini. It's really well designed, and piece of cake moving everything from old to new. Just took a couple hours.
Gave iPad 2 to a Stone Cold Stunner. And she REALLY appreciated that.

You didn't want to wait for the retina display ??

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you go smaller if you already own fullsize ipad

When you're grandfathered in to an unlimited AT&T data plan you cannot use *that plan to create a "personal hotspot" or use FaceTime over cellular. I have a parent in a care facility and a disabled adult daughter. I burn through data like nobody's business. The mini just gave me more options for when I'm on the go. I feel that I can use a sleeker case with it in my purse and it won't be compromised like the full-sized iPad (which rarely gets out of an Otterbox case). I realize it makes little sense to anyone but me, but typically, that's just how I roll :)

Most reactions

Latest posts