What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Flip1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one for my husband because he kept using my I- pad he had given me as a gift. He said he had no interest in using one yet was shortly addicted. He prefers the mini over my I-pad. Now we are both happy

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought one for my husband because he kept using my I- pad he had given me as a gift. He said he had no interest in using one yet was shortly addicted. He prefers the mini over my I-pad. Now we are both happy

Nice!

bethd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mscosmo said:
Sent from my iP3/64gb Blk using iPF :)

It appears that only iPad apps are available for download on the iPad mini. On my 1st gen iPad I could download iPad AND iPhone apps.
Bummer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It appears that only iPad apps are available for download on the iPad mini. On my 1st gen iPad I could download iPad AND iPhone apps.
Bummer.

That seems unlikely.

If you are basing this it on the App Store, it's true that the featured and category pages no longer have an iPad/iPhone switch. However, if you search for something you can choose to see iPad or iPhone results. At least on the iPad 3.

With over 250,000 iPad apps available, I'm guessing Apple is reducing visibility of the iPhone apps on iPads to reduce confusion. What was once a selling point is now a lesser feature that can irritate new customers when they get an app, by mistake, that is not optimized for the iPad.

While I do not have an iPad Mini, I rather doubt that hey have actually removed the emulator mode for iPhone apps.

Hopefully one someone else has downloaded an iPhone app or two and confirm or deny this.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One can still download iPhone apps on the mini. Just do a search and the tap the iPhone apps button at the top of the screen. Nothing has changed in that regard. The mini is an iPad and gets no special treatment in the App Store.

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Mini makes my iPad4 feel like a BRICK.. Igave my iPad 4 to my wife.. she will sell her iPad 2..
Doug

Carolyncaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a mini, have a gen 1 iPad. Did I make a mistake? I need to setup Words with Friends for my husband so each iPad will have a different profile for Words w/friends. Do you know how?

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carolyncaf said:
I just bought a mini, have a gen 1 iPad. Did I make a mistake? I need to setup Words with Friends for my husband so each iPad will have a different profile for Words w/friends. Do you know how?

Why do you think you made a mistake? You have a use for it and it is quite an upgrade from the iPad 1. I am not at jealous:)

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talk2USoon said:
Thank you! I'm glad to know you've been able to do that. Will definitely report back.

Got the iPad Mini on Monday... I have to say that I was surprised at how much the screen resolution bothers me. It's perfect for me in every other way. Especially so, since AT&T officially allows one to transfer their data plan(s) between iPads without penalty. This includes those grandfathered in to unlimited data plans. Like another poster mentioned, I took their advice and had a paragraph attached to my account indicating I never would intentionally deactivate the grandfathered data plan. Thanks to y'all for such great information. It's why I sought out your forum to begin with.

SunsNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well since the iPad mini came in at a higher price than I was willing to pay I decided to just go from an iPad 1 to an iPad 2. I get the camera so I can do Facetime with my husband when I'm away babysitting the grandkids and the price wasn't that much more than the mini. Will sell my 64GB iPad 1 on eBay since I certainly don't need 2 iPads and hubby has no desire to play with one. We both have 27" iMacs and he doesn't play the games I do or read Kindle books.

Most reactions

Latest posts