What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

loveyday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if it's cheap I will to buy. or I will consider to buy it for my friend as a gift.

qwerty12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not convinced it will fill my needs. If you have an iPad and a iPhone which you can slip into your pocket, why buy a mini iPad?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it ends up being swell enough, I want to get one for each of my brothers-- two. They got 4th gens when they were first released, but their screens are busted. MOm got them 3GSs this summer, but they are teenagers now. They need something a little more mature. I may wait to shell out the dough until ballistic cases are available though. I will not be put in a position to receive a text about busted screens. They will be responsible for their own accessories and insurance. I'll send them a link for Squaretrade.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Kay, for the response. Hey, if you want the toys and it doesn't cause a hardship I say go for it.

I have an iPad 3, and an iPhone 4S. I just preordered a 5. I use the iPad all the time. I've replaced my netbook with the iPad entirely.

I also have a Kindle Keyboard and a first gen Fire. I use the KK every night to read on before going to sleep. I prefer reading novels on the KK. I bought the Fire when the refurbs were $139 for my son. He wasn't into it, so he gave it to my daughter. She didn't want it, either (are these my kids?) so I got it. I don't use it much but there is an app that isn't available on the iPad that allows me to download episodes of various tv shows. I've been working through the last couple of seasons of True Blood.

Getting back to the original question, I want the mini because I like the 7" size. It seems redundant, though, so I probably won't get it. <sigh>

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Kay, for the response. Hey, if you want the toys and it doesn't cause a hardship I say go for it.

I have an iPad 3, and an iPhone 4S. I just preordered a 5. I use the iPad all the time. I've replaced my netbook with the iPad entirely.

I also have a Kindle Keyboard and a first gen Fire. I use the KK every night to read on before going to sleep. I prefer reading novels on the KK. I bought the Fire when the refurbs were $139 for my son. He wasn't into it, so he gave it to my daughter. She didn't want it, either (are these my kids?) so I got it. I don't use it much but there is an app that isn't available on the iPad that allows me to download episodes of various tv shows. I've been working through the last couple of seasons of True Blood.

Getting back to the original question, I want the mini because I like the 7" size. It seems redundant, though, so I probably won't get it. <sigh>

I would've loved a Fire or any other ebook-ready device as a kid. Sheesh.

I do think there's a point of too many devices, believe it or not, lol. I gave away one of my iPad 1s previously and plan likewise with another soon. I can always find people who'll be happy even with older devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad Mini has 3G, and it is significantly cheaper than a new iPad 2 with 3G, I may get one for Mom. She wrecked her truck. She got off with a couple bruises and scrapes (very minor), but the iPad 1 got thrown out and struck something hard enough to crack the screen.

It is probably repairable, but I doubt it's worth the cost. Maybe I'll try to fix it myself just as an experiment.

View attachment 25244

Remember kids, wear your seatbelt. You don't want to end up like this poor iPad.

Last edited:

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kay, my son isn't a reader and has some elaborate gaming system he's been building. If he needs something portable he has an iPhone. My daughter is a reader but she prefers a regular kindle. She also has a laptop she's comfortable on.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kay, my son isn't a reader and has some elaborate gaming system he's been building. If he needs something portable he has an iPhone. My daughter is a reader but she prefers a regular kindle. She also has a laptop she's comfortable on.

It's great that we have more and more choices among gadgets to do what we want.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rumor has it that the mini will be larger than 7". If true, I will pass. Sunday I wished I had a 7" because my iPhone was just too small for Bible reading and note-talking.

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have to agree with Steve Jobs on this! "7-inch tablets are going to be DOA"
They are: too small to be used as tablets & too big to be used as phones! My Ipad 3 and Iphone has no match till date!

pink23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the new iPad and its size.If it's cheap, I bought :O

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had the money I'd be more inclined to buy the 3 than the mini. I like the screen size the way it is.

Mr.Mischief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad 2 last month. I would buy the iPad Mini just for the sheer portability. As much as I love my iPad, it's not nearly as portable as my old Kindle Fire. My Kindle Fire actually fit in the felt lined cell phone compartment in my backpack.

Most reactions