What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white ipad discolour ?

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided after having ipad 2 and ipod touch black to get the new ipad in white so it did not seem quite as samey.
Trouble is I ended up with black cos Apple store ipads seemed really dirty white towards the adverts. Do they end
up losing teir lovelyness after a few months and going creamy instead of white or was I just being picky ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I decided after having ipad 2 and ipod touch black to get the new ipad in white so it did not seem quite as samey.
Trouble is I ended up with black cos Apple store ipads seemed really dirty white towards the adverts. Do they end
up losing teir lovelyness after a few months and going creamy instead of white or was I just being picky ?

Well, I guess if you were looking at the store demo models with many people handling them, some with grubby hands, you would have noticed a difference. But that is not to say that someone who has purchased their white iPad, and takes pride in their acquisition as no doubt you would, could see any deterioration in the natural colour over time. I bought a black one but only because it suits my occasional mood and personality
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pkay1 said:

I have had my white iPad 2 since launch in March of 2011. Zero discoloration. The white border is under the glass, so imo discoloration makes no sense.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's the way they are from Apple...
Someone else mentioned that in another thread.......the new iPad 4 white doesn't seem as <pure> white as previous units. Maybe some one at Apple grabbed the wrong can of paint? :eek:
Don't know as I would never own a white iPad.....just to distracting IMHO.

Black is more elegant. :p

Last edited:

happyipaduser474

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was first looking at the new apple iPad mini I was told everyone was wanting the white ones. I ended up buying the new 4th Gen. iPad and I being old school wanted it in black.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 4 is white if I am viewing it with a lamp or the window light. In the dark with only the iPad light it is very cream color, almost buckskin color. That is when I am usually using it. In qfact, I was amazed weeks latter viewing in the light that it was even white! Of course, if I ever had it out of the lime green Smart Cover, it may be a whole different color!

Most reactions