What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White ipad 2 or black?

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the White one and I'm 100% Man. I don't think the white one is girley at all. I have the orange smart cover with a orange Hypershield cover for the back.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a white one and have a red case for it. It's like the smart cover but it encloses the back too.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
The little black dress is girlie.

Plus, black is slimming, as all women know. A slimmer iPad, lol.

LOL!!

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
golfgypsy said:
I love my White iPad 2 with its Red Leather cover.

I went with the red (favorite color) leather cover as well but my iPad is black lol.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ottawaeh said:
Taken from appadvice:

Black or White Ipad 2:

You might think this is just a question of aesthetics, but there is more to it. To put it simply, you should be getting the black one. Or to be more explicit, you shouldn’t get the white one.

Why so ? Well, the white iPad looks much nicer as an object, when it’s off. For sustained usage however, it has a lot of drawbacks. First of all, it will you give the impression that the screen is dimmer, and has less contrast. The content won’t stand out as much.

Think about it, as Gruber said on the Talk Show, there is a reason why TVs come generally in Black, and letterbox content with black frames. White will make your movies and games look worse.

A white Frame will also reflect more light when you’re outside, it will be more visibly dirty and worse of all, white Apple products have a long history of problems, from cracking, to light leaks and so on.

If you absolutely want to play the “difference” card, and think the look of the object is more important than anything else, then white might be for you. The Black iPad however is just as beautiful in your opinion, and a much better choice.

I would love to sees the studies that show white Apple products that have this "long history" of cracking products...

That's just a ludicrous statement to make...I have the iPad 2 in white and love it. I wouldn't change it for anything and find watching movies and reading on it to be absolutely fine. I am going to play games for long periods of time that's for my PS3 and not my iPad!

Sent from my White iPad 2 32GB WiFi using iPF

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dlo said:
I would love to sees the studies that show white Apple products that have this "long history" of cracking products...

That's just a ludicrous statement to make...I have the iPad 2 in white and love it. I wouldn't change it for anything and find watching movies and reading on it to be absolutely fine. I am going to play games for long periods of time that's for my PS3 and not my iPad!

Sent from my White iPad 2 32GB WiFi using iPF

This!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
firemanprice said:
I have the White one and I'm 100% Man. I don't think the white one is girley at all. I have the orange smart cover with a orange Hypershield cover for the back.

Guys get beat up with that in public :)

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remember, you can get the white and use it till Labor Day, then you have to have dark color.:)

Last edited:

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parrori1 said:
Remember, you can get the white and use it till Labor Day, then you have to have dark color.:)

I don't get it!

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Parrori1 said:

I don't get it!

It's like that fashion statement that says don't wear white after labor day.
I see it was a wasted joke.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts