What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which wireless system to play music

bluepear2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I would like to bluetooth my music on the ipad to my home stereo.
Do you have any advice on whick kit should I consider buying.
Also which wirelss headsets should I consider?
I have a pair of wireless Nokia headsets that work perfectly with my iphone 4 but for some reason can not connect to the ipad.

Thank you everyone

Mark

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have a pair of wireless Nokia headsets that work perfectly with my iphone 4 but for some reason can not connect to the ipad.

Thank you everyone

Mark

The problem with the Nokia headset is that they are considered to be a mobile phone handsfree headset and not a stereo headphone. There is a different Bluetooth profile for these and the iPad does not support handsfree headsets.

Tim

OP
B

bluepear2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks again Tim for your help
Which device would you say is best to bluetooth music from an ipad to a home stereo system and second question which headset do you think are most suitable for the task.
Any one is more than welcome to join this discussion.
Thank you

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
For connecting to your stereo: airport express, not bluetooth but wireless, but much more useful than bluetooth as your Mac/PC running itunes will be able to use it as well.

fastfwd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or use an apple TV. It should work even without a screen and even better if you can fit a small one to see the cover art.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluepear2012 said:
Hi

Thank you everyone

Mark

The iPad1 won't except mobile Bluetooth units(cell phone Bluetooths) but the iPad2 does.

FREE MY iPAD2 

kimbodious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 Apple TV and the Remote App for streaming and music and and we spend hours trolling Youtube for music clips by artist.

[Edit] Our home was in the path of Cat 5 tropical cyclone Yasi this February and its fair to say that our roof was not up to the 290 kph wind. Old news now and we're moving on, but it did give us a great opportunity to look how we use media while we replace all our electronics! So we have gone iMac + iTunes + Apple TV + iPad + Apple Remote app + new Yamaha surround system and its all good. If we get all snotty about music over wireless, which we're not mostly, we can bung a CD in the Blu-Ray player. To be honest I mostly can't tell the difference between Blue-Ray player and wireless music - it all depends on the quality of the initial recording.

Last edited:
OP
B

bluepear2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thank you all for your contributions.
Maybe i forgot to say that i have an Ipad 2 and also I used to have an airport express connected to a PC and everything worked fine
.A few month ago following an update for my airport express I completely lost connection to my router and since then I gave up trying to reconnect it to the pc. I am sick of the airport express and there must be on the market a bluetooth device that works with the ipad 2 and connects to a home stereo system.. Also i would appreciate help on which headset to buy for the ipad 2 that work with bluetooth. The current bluetooth nokia headset that i use only work with the iphone 4 and not the ipad 2.
Thank you
Mark

Reaction score
@bluepear

From spending endless hours trying to get the Airport Express integrated reliably into an already existing network, have I reached the conclusion, that AirPlay only works stable when the wifi network is Apple only, i.e. Airport Express&Extreme only. After having problems for month have I replaced all wifi routers/ access points with APE's and the network has been running stable for 2 month now.

It is not an ideal solution, but wifi networks are susceptible.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had issues with AE. Still today when I let the AE join my exisitng network. And this is what you want right. If I set up the AE as a network by itself it works fine. unfortunately that means on the Ipad no Internet. I found a work around with my laptop. Via cable it is connected to my home network for Internet and via wireless to the network of my AE. That way I can play ITunes from the laptop.

For my IPad I still had a Bluetooth speaker from Logitech laying around and we use this when wenare in the garden.

It is not the ideal situation, but it is better than nothing.

Could very well be that if you have an Extreme in between it works better, but this means another piece of equipment hanging on my network. if the Extreme would have a build in Modem I might consider this.

Jan

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

bluepear2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I had a last attempt and i managed to connect the airport express to the pc and ipad 2.
I am not an IT person just luck I guess.
Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts