What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which wifi router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys i am buying a ipad 2 wifi version soon
and i have to buy a wifi router yet, and i noticed that many people are having problems connecting to their routers...
so i need to buy router which connects ipad 2 without any problem...

can someone tell me what type of router to go for...

i have been considering these 2:

Buy Accessories in India | Surf Wireless Router (N) | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com
Buy Accessories in India | Basic Wireless Router (N150) | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com

can someone also tell if the above 2 are ADSL routers cause i am a noob when it comes to routers and other things.....

PS:this is my first thread here,i hope to get some good help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your suggestions for routers, so I'm certain you'll soon get some good advice. Most of the problems members have experienced with routers have been due to outdated firmware so, if you're purchasing a new router you should be in good shape.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Am I right assuming that you already have broadband at home? If so, you must have already an ADSL modem installed, so this is not something to worry about. Any wifi router will work for you, if you already have the ADSL modem.

However, there are a few things to consider. The modem usually only has 1 ethernet output, which will be connected to the wifi router. So unless the wifi router also has a second ethernet output, you would have to connect the computer via Wifi as well.

Anyway, most wifi routers should work with the iPad, but if you are looking for something that just works, then Apple's AirportExpress is a good wifi router. Especially if you intend to also stream music wiressly to speakers.

Preacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have the following routers and both work flawlessly with my wifi iPad:

Linksys WRT160N: A couple of years old, but good performance. This will work fine for most homes and small businesses, but I found that I needed a little more range so I could connect from my hammock in the back yard so...

Cisco E4200: This thing rocks! I have a large home but I can get a solid connection from anywhere on my property.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Preacher said:
For what it's worth, I have the following routers and both work flawlessly with my wifi iPad:

Linksys WRT160N: A couple of years old, but good performance. This will work fine for most homes and small businesses, but I found that I needed a little more range so I could connect from my hammock in the back yard so...

Cisco E4200: This thing rocks! I have a large home but I can get a solid connection from anywhere on my property.

I to have the cisco e 4200 just have it a few days now and it dose rock it's as good as having it hard wired . Also apple makes a few router that I am sure are very good and match your iPad . But I would think any top brand . N router would work

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reddead said:
hi guys i am buying a ipad 2 wifi version soon
and i have to buy a wifi router yet, and i noticed that many people are having problems connecting to their routers...
so i need to buy router which connects ipad 2 without any problem...

can someone tell me what type of router to go for...

i have been considering these 2:

Buy Accessories in India | Surf Wireless Router (N) | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com
Buy Accessories in India | Basic Wireless Router (N150) | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com

can someone also tell if the above 2 are ADSL routers cause i am a noob when it comes to routers and other things.....

PS:this is my first thread here,i hope to get some good help

Out of the 2 you have you here the one top is the one I would pick .

OP
R

reddead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you guys for helping me out,
but i have a ADSL connection so i will have to get a adsl router also,right?
correct me if i am wrong....there are dsl routers also,right?

BTW i don't have access to all brand routers...only netgear,belkin,linksys are the ones i am able to find in my country...

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reddead said:

BTW i don't have access to all brand routers...only netgear,belkin,linksys are the ones i am able to find in my country...

Any wifi router will work just take you dsl cat 5 cable and plug it in your new wifi router then your good to go

OP
R

reddead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reddead said:

Any wifi router will work just take you dsl cat 5 cable and plug it in your new wifi router then your good to go

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You first need to make sure that you only need a router or one with a build-in modem. Where I live I need the modem as well. I suggest you look for an ASDL model that has 4 Gigabyte ethernet ports. That way you can, if you want, connect your computers, etc. Also via cable and so increase the speed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

reddead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup,I need one with modem....

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

savannahseligson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I just bought an Ipad 2 before traveling to Korea and through my travels the Ipad worked fine and connected in every wifi location until I moved into my residence and hooked up a cisco wifi router. My ipad found a connect but continued to drop after every 15 mins or so. My boyfriend has the exact same ipad execpt mine is 3g chip and wifi capable his is just wifi but his has never lost a connection. All of our computers, iphones, itouches, and ipods connect as soon as you enter the house but not my ipad 2. I shipped the ipad back to the states hoping they would find a soulution to the connectivity problem but my friend said as soon as she opend the box and tunred the ipad on it was connected in her house. Anyone herd of this problem? SHe said it is probably my router but why does my boyfriends connect and not mine? What is the best router so that I can get connected no problems? Please help!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please stick to one thread for each subject. That way your answers will not become fragmented.

THREAD CLOSED.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts